Soda == Bad I know but quick question

Options
Hey,
I just started on this site and plan to push myself to loose weight.
I'm 18, 6'4 and 268 pounds. Not cool!

I'm a gamer so of corse I drink a lot of soda :/// hard habbit to kick to me its like cigarettes to a pack a day smoker. My mom bought pepsi max because she personally likes the flavor. I added that and it said 0 of everything, is it still bad to drink it?

I'm talking about like 1 can a day

Replies

• zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    1 can a day is fine but don't do any more than that. The fake sugar isn't good for you. You may want to try La Croix. It's carbonated water with natural flavor (lime, lemon, grapefruit, berry, etc). Nothing fake, no calories. It's sort of an acquired taste though, especially if you're used to soda. It's not sweet at all. But, if you like it, it's way better for you.
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    If you only have about 1 can a day, that should be fine. However, it is best to just drink water. Just because it says zero all across, does not mean that it still has bad stuff in there for you.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    1 can of diet soda in a day isn't bad, if you get to having over 2 in a day, that's not so good.
  • cronikk
    cronikk Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. Alright. I tried just straight up quitting soda awhile back, Started getting huge headaches, I know it was the caffeine, but the 1 a day will def help me ween off the caffeine.
  • bjajdtk
    bjajdtk Posts: 25
    Options
    Depends. You are getting sodium even if its no calories. Which depending on the rest of your diet that can be an issue. And I find fake sweeteners make me crave more sweets so its a real diet buster for me. PLus it makes it less likely that you will drink your water. So its up to you to decide, but make an informed decision.