pet peeve!

Options
littlepaintergirl
littlepaintergirl Posts: 17 Member
What are some of yours!?

One of mine that send my nerves into instant hulk rage is people in a store standing in a small walkway...with their buggies...in such a way, you cannot get through unless you turn around and walk around the other isle...or shove their buggies out of the way.. Will even look up directly at you...and resume talking.

*eye twitch*

Just...why

Replies

• vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    It bugs me too, rather than turn around, I go right up to them and say "excuse me" in a polite but firm voice ;)
  • littlepaintergirl
    Options
    vaman wrote: »
    It bugs me too, rather than turn around, I go right up to them and say "excuse me" in a polite but firm voice ;)

I've done this as well but I'm almost positive the look on my face wasn't so polite lol
  • SalmonSister
    SalmonSister Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I saw a guy at the gym who didn't clean every machine he was on. Talk about a real sweathole!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I saw a guy at the gym who didn't clean every machine he was on. Talk about a real sweathole!

There's a woman at my gym who wipes all the machines before she uses them but doesn't afterwards smh.
  • littlepaintergirl
    Options
    Probably my biggest one and it makes me go bananas every time.

People with backpacks on in the subway. That sheet's not touching my suit. Forget the suit, even if it's a shirt - it's not a nice thing to rub that worn out piece of accessory on another person. The MTA has taken so much pain in terms of wall art and announcements to encourage passengers to take the backpack off, but violators are aplenty.

I have seen fights break out where someone's backpack pulled a thread out of someone else's clothes. I have changed cars to avoid people in backpacks. It's awful.

Wow, that's some rant!

Holy wow =o I didn't realize this wasa thing!
  • mrstrod1
    mrstrod1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

LOL - I never really understood why people would complain about other people not wiping down machines. LOL - it's not like anyone ever does a good job of it! If you want to be sure you're not going to catch anything then YOU should wipe down the machine BEFORE you use it - that way you know it was done right. But also, I think that if you can keep track of all the machines someone else has been on and whether or not they wiped them all down then, you probably are not very focused on your own workout. I'm so happy I go to a crossfit gym where hard work matters more about watching who wipes down what equipment.
  • mrstrod1
    mrstrod1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

There's a woman at my gym who wipes all the machines before she uses them but doesn't afterwards smh.

That's exactly how we do it in our gym! If you're worried about the germs, then you should wipe the equipment down before you use it. If not then don't wipe it down. Why would you trust how someone else did it? Most people who do it after just rush though and barely clean it.

Personally, I'm not a germaphobe so I don't care about wiping it for germs, only if the person before me was a big sweater but they usually dry up their mess anyway.
  • arminredfern1984
    arminredfern1984 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Extremely bad hygiene. I'm very OCD about cleanliness, and germs. I diagnosed myself with "Mysophobia" which is any annoying sounds (repetitive clicking of pin, crunching ice or candy etc, food smacking, anything loud and repetitive) it jerks my nerves around.
  • bdbfangirl20
    bdbfangirl20 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    When a female goes to the restroom, comes out the stalk and just leaves. Like...WASH YA HANDS! it's so gross.
  • bdbfangirl20
    bdbfangirl20 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Stall*
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Snowbirds who flock to AZ to escape the weather where they live and then drive really really badly while they are here...don't drive 10-15 mph under the limit for no reason, please don't stop all traffic on the roadway because you missed your turn, don't make left hand turns from the right lane.
  • littlepaintergirl
    Options
    dwrightlaw wrote: »
    Snowbirds who flock to AZ to escape the weather where they live and then drive really really badly while they are here...don't drive 10-15 mph under the limit for no reason, please don't stop all traffic on the roadway because you missed your turn, don't make left hand turns from the right lane.

I thought you were talking about actual birds at first and was really confused

Just for a second I did as well lol
    But i feel you, girl!

• littlepaintergirl
    Options
    When a female goes to the restroom, comes out the stalk and just leaves. Like...WASH YA HANDS! it's so gross.

Oh mercy...how about the people who do their business in the FLOOR! who does that!?