New to the Site

Options
Hello everyone!
My name is Meg, I am 22 and in College. I am trying to lose a large amount of weight, (125 pounds =( ) But i know I can do this, and I want to do it the healthy way. I am emotionally recovering from the 40 pounds I gained last year.

I found out about this site from a weight loss forum on Live journals (100poundstolose) and the people that use it there seem to be satisfied with it so I thought I would give it a try.

I hope this New Year turns out to be a good one!

Replies

• mlindsay
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    My name is Meg, I am 22 and in College. I am trying to lose a large amount of weight, (125 pounds =( ) But i know I can do this, and I want to do it the healthy way. I am emotionally recovering from the 40 pounds I gained last year.

I found out about this site from a weight loss forum on Live journals (100poundstolose) and the people that use it there seem to be satisfied with it so I thought I would give it a try.

I hope this New Year turns out to be a good one!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    welcome to the boards I find them really helpful
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    :smile: :flowerforyou: Welcome
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Meg, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • ripper
    ripper Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know that with all the support here that weight loss, even large amounts, can be done. Just take everyday as it comes and together this fight can be won.
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hi Meg! :flowerforyou:

I'm new to this site as well, but I'm very pleased with it so far! I'm 23 and just finished college myself. I gained 80lbs in 4 years and had 108lbs to lose. It does take an emotional toll and I wish I could have changed it sooner and had a bit of a different experience in college, but that's why I'm changing things now...so I can live the rest of my life to its fullest! Best wishes to you on this journey! You can do it, just stay positive! :happy: I look forward to seeing you succeed!
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Welcome... PLEASE DO STICK AROUND!
  • Noraavon
    Noraavon Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm new, too!
    Welcome and good luck!!!!
  • lincolns
    Options
    :bigsmile: Welcome. This is a great website and has been a very helpful part in my diet plan.gle.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love it here, everyone is so supportive and helpful. This site is soooo motivational. I love it here, this site has helped me so much. I just wanted to wish you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
  • vonzo
    vonzo Posts: 161
    Options
    I'm a newbie too and so far I love it!! Good Luck :happy:
  • beagle595
    beagle595 Posts: 226
    Options
    WELCOME On Board! You are on your way to getting healthy, feeling better physically and emotionally! Don't look at the big number, set smaller goals and celebrate making every one of them. (Celebrate of course without food... Get a manicure, pedicure if you can budget it... I buy a new book, or magazine or new lipgloss etc...) Keep up the GREAT work! :happy:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Hi,I just wanted to say welcome and good luck:flowerforyou:
  • keely_b
    keely_b Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey people im keely and i joined the site nearly a week ago. im finding it hard to shift those pounds and my friend told me about the site so i thought WHY NOT and i need to make some friends and network so i can have support and comfort from others instead of food haha

I Hope to lose 42lb at least and then go on from there. its not easy so i think this site is excellent!!

Good luck everyone
    WE CAN DO IT!""":happy:
  • missyelliot22
    missyelliot22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hi im new to this too. So far so good.
    It seems to be a good site and easy to stick too.
    Hears hoping it works - WILL POWER ha ha ha

Sheona xx
  • NeilinOz
    Options
    good luck to you all on yr journeys
  • mlindsay
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encourgement!
  • Blusiamese
    Options
    I just found out about this site today. I have about 150 lbs. to lose and right now it seems so overwhelming. I would love to hear from other women who have lost over 100 lbs. I need all the encouragement I can get! I am 52 and don't want to end up in a wheelchair. This is a great site - better than any I've seen with regard to being able to log every food, exercise, water, etc.