Fast Food choices

rahlpn
rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
On weekends we are on the go a lot and sometimes eat fast food. What are your favorite go-tos for calorie counting and still getting something satisfying and not just settling for a salad? List what tips and tricks you use to decrease the calorie count of your favorites as well, please.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    If I go to Burger King, I get a Whopper Jr instead of a regular and hold the mayo. Plus I no longer order fries from most places. Other than that, I just find something that fits into my goal. Almost every chain has their nutrition information posted online so you can decide ahead of time or have a go-to for each restaurant.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Chick Fil A grilled nuggets and superfood salad. Sometimes the grilled chicken club with a fruit cup. That's the only drove thru I trust myself with.
  • AJbandit88
    AJbandit88 Posts: 31 Member
    As malinu927 said for BK I go a whopper Jr no cheese no mayo and maybe a small fry with water or diet coke once in a while.

Mcdonalds I got the grilled chicken sandwich with a small fry. Who can eat a burger with no fries? Lol.

Almost anything subway is pretty good.

Wendy's I normally get the grilled chicken sandwich or a single hamburger with no cheese or mayo and a side salad for filler. Sometimes I get the BBQ chicken salad but is higher in sodium in case you are watching that.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Wendy's plain baked potato, topped with a small chili

Jimmy John's Turkey (no cheese) - hold the mayo. I will usually opt for a modest amount of light mayo + mustard (at home).
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    I've done Subway, too. 600 calories can go a long way there!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    you can pretty much have anything at mcdonalds made into whatever, used to order hamburgers/cheeseburgers "like a mac" if i was craving a big mac.

That's how I do it too! Like a Mac with the sauce but it doesn't have the middle bun.
  • p_fitnesslife
    p_fitnesslife Posts: 8 Member
    You can go eat at any fast food restaurant. Just as long they provide nutrition facts and you can track your calories/macro. Just don't go over your calorie requirements. My favorite is 3x3 protein style with fries at (In And Our Burgers)
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Panda Express - Half steamed rice/half veggies; teryaki chicken and brocoli beef
    Chipotle and/or Moe's - Burrito bowl; hold the sour cream and cheese
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Wendy's potato or subway veggie sub.
  • comeonnow142857
    comeonnow142857 Posts: 310 Member
    In Ireland a Big Mac is 490 and medium chips 330 cals. I might order 2 and that takes me to 1640 cals, which in addition to the 1lb of spinach (100 cals) and Donegal cod (200 cals) I'll have elsewhere in the day keeps me below maintenance while having thoroughly gorged in a satisfying manner
  • wrholmes87
    wrholmes87 Posts: 2 Member
    Panera bread has a GREAT breakfast sand called power sandwich you can get with ham and egg white with no cheese on multi grain bread. It's excellent.
  • dovnkels
    dovnkels Posts: 25 Member
    These are great ideas. Good topic!
  • Troutsy
    Troutsy Posts: 275 Member
    you can pretty much have anything at mcdonalds made into whatever, used to order hamburgers/cheeseburgers "like a mac" if i was craving a big mac.

They have the Mac juniors now too. If I'm craving a big Mac I'll opt for the Mac junior.

Usually when I go out I'll order a kids meal or I tend to just get the sandwich and skip the drink and fries. I find the combo meals tend to be a calorie trap for me.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Troutsy wrote: »

They have the Mac juniors now too. If I'm craving a big Mac I'll opt for the Mac junior.

Usually when I go out I'll order a kids meal or I tend to just get the sandwich and skip the drink and fries. I find the combo meals tend to be a calorie trap for me.

I just get a 0 calorie drink with my meal and have found it helps keep calories down, McDonald's actually has good unsweetened tea.
  • lavoiekr
    lavoiekr Posts: 27 Member
    I get a veggie sub at subway or a grilled country chicken at McDonald's.
  • Troutsy
    Troutsy Posts: 275 Member
    Troutsy wrote: »

I just get a 0 calorie drink with my meal and have found it helps keep calories down, McDonald's actually has good unsweetened tea.

I've had their unsweetened tea before and I agree, it's pretty good. I was pretty surprised by that. I usually have a nalgene of water with me so i tend to stick with water.
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Funny timing! I just now finished my McDonald's southwestern salad with the grilled chicken and southwestern dressing. That and a large unsweet tea for 390 calories. Pretty good!
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Wendy's large chilli
    Harvey's chicken burger
    Chicken strips at any fast food joint is pretty doable too.
    Most places are starting to offer salads too, I get the McDonald's salads from time to time.