30 Day Shred...what's your experience?

Options
Nads36
Nads36 Posts: 108 Member
Hi all I am doing 30 day shred and wondered has it worked for you? Or are u currently doing it too? Have you lost weight? Has it helped you tone up? I am on day 6...plan to do 10 days on each level.
Thanks in advance.

Replies

• himel13
    himel13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I did the 30 Day Shred a few years back, when I had reached my maximum weight and was very unhappy with myself. I don't remember how much I lost, but I know that I gained a lot of fitness. It was hard at first and I didn't follow the diet plan..but it got better and I felt a lot better about myself. I felt toned and my clothes fit better.
    I regained the weight and tried many times to do it again but injuries prevented me from getting too far. I just started again, on Day 2 of Level 1 and it feels harder than before. But I know it works and I think it is a really good program if you can stick through til the end.
    If you need an accountability buddy, I am happy to help out. We can update each other on progress and all.
    :)
  • Nads36
    Options
    That is really good to hear it has worked for you. Yes that would be great to check in everyday...I need that. I missed yesterdays session as we had family over then a night out. So today I did day 5 (yesterday's) and day 6 for today - so back on track again! I find it makes me a bit grumpy knowing I have to do it everyday! Just as equally I was angry and grumpy with myself for not being able to fit in day 5...It is really hard work doing the workout at my weight (starting at 19st 1.5lbs) I think that's around 268lbs.
    Yes let's do it...message each other daily! B)
  • lisagyo
    lisagyo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I completed the 30 Day Shred a few years ago. It was the program that kicked off my weight loss. It works if you stick to it!
  • Nads36
    Options
    Lisagyo that is really good to hear...fingers crossed that will be my story too! x
  • LizzyK1983
    LizzyK1983 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 1 Level 2. Im amazed at my increase in fitness level in just 10 days, but all the arm work in level 2 kicked my butt!!! Im determined to finish though - I've seen minor changes only in my tummy area but the program has done wonders for my confidence and believing I can do it and I love it for that.
  • Nads36
    Options
    Hey well done LizzyK1983 that is fantastic...I have just finished day 7...3 days away from level 2. Really not sure this body is ready for it yet lol. Keep up the fantastic work!
  • szkodzt
    szkodzt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have done the 30 day shred several times (and her Ripped in 30 which is similar) but I always found that I lost way more inches than pounds. Which I have come to realize is actually more important (for me!)
  • MariannePhoto
    MariannePhoto Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love it! I did it a few years ago and it really kicked off my weight loss. I just finished beginner shred and about to start the original 30day again. Then I'll do ripped in 30. Love it. Kicks my butt.
  • LizzyK1983
    LizzyK1983 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks Nads36! Let me know what you think of level 2....
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I've done 30DS before. Lost weight but also lost inches. Just started up again today! It works if you work it
  • chandraminick
    chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I did it for 60 days in a row a couple years back. Logged all my food for three months. Ate 1200-1600 calories most days. Logged all food. Kept it healthy food. Lost 40 lbs. Lost the first 18 lbs the first 30 days. It works.
  • Nads36
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Will try and get back on it. I have been struggling lately :(