just a query or two

hiya all i am in my 5th week of cutting sugar all seems to be going well but i have gotten to a point where i havent lost weight the last two weeks and a friend of mine said its possible im eating to little? is that possible? im not starving my self im just not eating when i dont feel hungry?

another question is i go to the gym and have been given a set workout but the weights may be to much for me because i have noticed 1st day i did it i ached a little 2nd and 3rd time i did it the day after the other and i ached for days not just a little ache either which caused me to not go to the gym untill i felt better anyways i went again the other day then day after i ached abit but the day after i ached quite abit even though i didnt go to the gym twice and when i stretch out my muscles feel stiff. so is this normal should i continue this level of weights? or should i lower the level to something i dont struggle with? with the ache i get it discourages me going to the gym more days of the week.
opinions please

my goal is to lose weight not so much gain muscle at this point in time
thanks in advance

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    edited March 2017
    Eating too little will not cause you to stop losing weight. Most likely your stall is related to your new exercise.

On that note, you shouldn't be doing the same lifting routine two days in a row. Your muscles need time to repair and rest.
  • devilangel09
    devilangel09 Posts: 13 Member
    i have realised i wont do it 2 days in a row again im still new to the whole experiences at the gym and as they say learn as you go along. its a full body workout that i was given to do which as far as im aware is ok to keep doing.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Full body you could do every other day, you don't want to constantly work the same muscle groups and the magic happens on rest days. Muscle soreness is also completely normal, especially when returning or starting a new exercise. And if you're logging accurately, this likely also accounts for your stall as the muscle soreness causing water retention during the recovery period.
  • Selrisitai
    Selrisitai Posts: 3 Member
    No, you literally cannot gain weight if you eat too little. (Weight comes from food, so if you don't eat the food, where are you accruing mass?)
    If you're not losing weight, try using MyFitnessPal and counting calories.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    How are you trying to lose weight - counting calories ?
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    You say you are cutting sugar, but are you counting calories?

Cutting sugar isn't needed to lose weight, restricting calories is needed. Cutting sugar can help to restrict calories for some people, but there are a lot of things that can sneak in and bring those calories back up.
  • devilangel09
    the cutting sugar was a choice because i wanted to do it. i dont count calories but i havent been eating bad crap nor have a been eating loads on a normal day i have ready break with milk for breakfast then a couple of jacob crackers with a fruit for lunch and then say a small portion of steak with sweet potato or a small scoop of rice with the veg i like then i dont normally have anything else on the odd occasion i am hungry i have a slice of toast.

as for the working out yes aching muscles is normal but im pretty sure pain isnt like every step i took my legs ached bad i felt i could lose balance and every time i moved my arm it hurt big time. i may just lower the weight a little to see if that makes a difference
  • size102b
    edited March 2017
    Tbh without realising it we can have a lot of calories over what we need to lose weight

Lots follow low carb but there's lots in rice crackers readybrek

To lose weight it's worth doing cico I doubt you'd lose weight just cutting back on sugar you say you've cut back from what to what ?

If your only eating what you state on above that's not even 1200 calories so you'd lose weight

What milk so you have ?
    What other drinks do you drink ?
    What do you have on your 2 crackers?
    What fruit how much?
    How much rice that could be a big scoop ?
    How big is the steal what do you cook it in ?
    How much veg and what veg ?
    Toast what type how big is the slice cut?
    What do you have on the toast ?

• devilangel09
    edited March 2017
    ive just cut out sugar meaning processed foods tinned food crisps chocolate which i literally ate daily. so ive gotten rid of everything with added crap in and buy meat from the butchers fresh veg/fruit and frozen without added stuff etc will be adding some nuts into what im eating.
  • size102b
    You can eat rubbish and lose weight as long as you don't eat over your calories

You can gain weight from eating anything if your eating to many calories sadly
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    you have no idea how many calories you are eating per day - start with that. eating "healthy" or cutting out sugar is not the key to weight loss - eating at a calorie deficit is
  • size102b
    edited March 2017
    Nuts are hugely high in calories
    We need to weigh all foods and measure all calories liquids and drinks you can easily have hundreds of calories in drinks alone

Do you log all your food on a diary here if you have is it open so someone can see it ?

I'm sure people can help you if you'd like it ?
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 902 Member
    Remember, cruddy foods aren't the only thing high in calories. Some steaks are ridiculous, carbs tend to be higher in calories, and some veg/fruit.. Don't get me started on persimmons. I love them, but they are a 'sometimes' food for me. D:
  • devilangel09
    edited March 2017
    What milk so you have ? semi skimmed
    What other drinks do you drink ? coffee 1 sweetner once a day rarely twice other than that its water all day and lots of it.
    What do you have on your 2 crackers? i have the crackers plain
    What fruit how much? could be either an apple a banana orange or a plum normally 1 or 2 a day
    How much rice that could be a big scoop ? 25g dried
    How big is the steal what do you cook it in ? around 4inch by 3inch and i either cook it without oil or if i use oil its coconut oil and only a lil.
    How much veg and what veg ? mushy peas which are frozen nothing added brussels sweet potato asparagus corgette are the main veggies.
    Toast what type how big is the slice cut? its already cut and normally kingsmil
    What do you have on the toast ? just a little butter
  • devilangel09
    i admit i did try calorie counting before but i dont have the time to always weigh out the foods and i always forgot to log in the app
  • cmtigger
    PixelPuff wrote: »
    Remember, cruddy foods aren't the only thing high in calories. Some steaks are ridiculous, carbs tend to be higher in calories, and some veg/fruit.. Don't get me started on persimmons. I love them, but they are a 'sometimes' food for me. D:
    For me that "healthy" but high calorie food is avocado.
  • devilangel09
    i always buy avacado but never end up using it lol havent a clue what to have it with lol
  • cmtigger
    i admit i did try calorie counting before but i dont have the time to always weigh out the foods and i always forgot to log in the app

You need to figure out a way that works for you to restrict calories. Calorie counting is the most accurate, but you might be able to figure something out. I wish losing weight was easier.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 902 Member
    cmtigger wrote: »
    PixelPuff wrote: »
    For me that "healthy" but high calorie food is avocado.

Plain avocado smeared onto toast or an English muffin... /salivates
  • devilangel09
    edited March 2017
    since the 13th feb ive lost 3.9kg