Logging dried spices?

Options
13»

Replies

• midpath
    midpath Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    The only one I really consider is paprika, as it has a significant number of calories and tends to be added in larger quantities than other spices. The rest of them I reckon to be not significant as it is only a pinch here and there.

I'm now wondering if I should change this approach.

Dying to know what OP put on those eggs!

Lol this might sound weird but in a little bowl I'll mix turmeric, paprika, cumin, black pepper, garloc powder, red chili flakes, and cinnamon and salt.

Sounds weird but its freaking good.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    The only one I really consider is paprika, as it has a significant number of calories and tends to be added in larger quantities than other spices. The rest of them I reckon to be not significant as it is only a pinch here and there.

There are 19 calories in a Tablespoon of paprika. That is a lot of paprika. :)
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    So, can I just call Bacon a spice and not log it?

:)
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    pdxwine wrote: »

There are 19 calories in a Tablespoon of paprika. That is a lot of paprika. :)

I can easily use 2-3 Tbl in a stew that feeds 4
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i dont log them. when i use the recipe builder sometimes theyre added in and look about right but for all intents and purposes - its not enough to make a difference to me
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I use a lot of spices and I'm surprised how some of them are high calorie. Always log everything. Be safe.