BUSY MOMS! (Dads too)

Options
achoulat395
achoulat395 Posts: 27 Member
Hi everyone,
My name is amy im 26, i had a baby almost two years ago. I am still struggling to lose most of the baby weight, even breastfeeding did not help. Any advice for someone who is very busy mom or dad, to stay motivated to live heathly and lose weight? Seems im stuck in a rut. Anyone out there feel the same or felt the same?

Replies

• TamGray77
    TamGray77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's tough!!
    My wife and I both find it hard to find the time. Our next attempt is going to be at meal prepping and planning for days in advance. Cross your fingers:)

A friend does it and here are some of her images: a0n107z9zz7m.jpg
    365vg8r7zaaf.jpg
    hlaacrtlhhmw.jpg
  • karleeggarner
    karleeggarner Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm still struggling also, but I just joined a group called Hike it Baby. It's for parents to get together with their little ones out in nature on walks, hikes, exploring parks, etc. I think it will help me to get out and be active and make friends and a sort of support group at the same time. Maybe look it up (hikeitbaby.com) to see if there is a group in your area? Or even find a walking buddy? I like to do workouts at home with fitness blender .com. They have a huge variety of types, intensity, and length of workouts. My toddlers have enjoyed trying yoga next to me. If you get them to join you its actually pretty fun (sometimes ;) ) I'm no help on the diet aspect of things! That's the real struggle for me!
  • EricaKilbourn
    EricaKilbourn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im also 26! I have a 2 year old and a 3 week old! I would love to get in shape again, as im about 55lbs away from where I once was. I know I can do it, but im just nervous about trying to do anything for myself after so many life changes. A lot else has went on.
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    darn, I read "busty moms" ... should have gone to specsavers
  • ellengiller
    ellengiller Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Same here (busy mom, 2 kids, rut...) I do believe meal planning works (if you fail to plan you plan to fail-that's what my sister learned at weight watchers). This morning I made a big pot of turkey soup today. Prepping anything they will last a day or 2 helps with a busy schedule and diet...
  • achoulat395
    achoulat395 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Im also about 50 pounds away from my goal
  • robertmusser
    robertmusser Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are both struggling with the weight we've gained since our 8 month old was born. Today we are swapping watching the baby and working in the yard. This evening we plan on prepping our meals for the week.
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Trying to keep fit around kids is tough. I have tried to keep myself busier while at work to compensate. I go to the gym at lunch hours and park a little further away from where I work so I have to walk a bit further. As for eating better that is also hard since they don't want to eat the healthier stuff and I don't always have time to make it either, so I just try to watch my portion size.
  • EricaKilbourn
    EricaKilbourn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    kcpond wrote: »
    Trying to keep fit around kids is tough. I have tried to keep myself busier while at work to compensate. I go to the gym at lunch hours and park a little further away from where I work so I have to walk a bit further. As for eating better that is also hard since they don't want to eat the healthier stuff and I don't always have time to make it either, so I just try to watch my portion size.

I do agree about portion sizing, I know it will not work if I make separate dinners for myself so ill plan to just eat less of the homemade items. Portioning out and counting calories of a homemade meal is hard.
  • ciara532
    ciara532 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 21 and have a two year old daughter, I never had a weight problem until after her birth, since then I have gained more unwanted weight due to lack of motivation. I would really like to find some friends who can help keep me motivated. I have a real trouble otherwise haha. I'm new to this app so I didn't know where to post.