1/2way to my goal- Seeking Advice

Options
I am almost 1/2 way to my goal weight- but I am re-evaluating my goals
so WHEN I get to my goal, that I know NOW what it will take to maintain it LATER.

According to charts, an ideal weight for 5' 1" is anywhere from 97 lbs. to 137 ( Geesh, what a wide range)
Over the course of many decades, I've been at both ends, and in the middle.
So, from experience, I'm shooting for somewhere around 120 but more concerned about the BMI and body fat % as well as lab work results ( Total cholesterol, triglycerides, and blood sugar )

Just need to know if I hit that mark of 120, how do I figure out what my caloric intake would be to MAINTAIN that weight?

Thanks in advance for your reply

Replies

• michelledehority
    Options
    change your goals on here. you can put 120, (what you already weigh) and it will have the calories to maintain
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    When you want to go to maintenance you just start increasing the calories each week til you stop losing. Just the way you lowered them to lose weight.

Don't just jump from 1200 to 1500 in one day, the body will be shocked. Slow and easy and that way you find what is right for you and not just what any chart or website says.

Keep at it!
  • sarahazen
    sarahazen Posts: 34
    Options
    how much are you eating and exercising now?

use the BMR on here to see.....I will say though I had my BMR done through a breathing test and it was much lower than what these calculators tell me....I am not a calorie burning machine I guess.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    So WHEN would be the time to start INcreasing my caloric intake? Maintenance @ 120 is 1570 calories. I'm @ 1220 now.
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    my plan is to give myself three months where i'm losing a bit less every week. so in December (or when I'm 10-15lbs from end goal weight) i'm going to change my settings to 1.5lbs per week. then January will be 1lb per week, then February .5lbs - until eventually and SLOWLY i'm eating maintenance calories.

doc said three months would be good for the transition... first time i'll be doing it so idk how well it will work for me, or you - everyone's different, but I thought I'd chime in & give you another way to do it.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    So WHEN would be the time to start INcreasing my caloric intake? Maintenance @ 120 is 1570 calories. I'm @ 1220 now.

When you reach 120 (or when you feel you don't want to lose any further weight)....