Introducing myself.

Options
First time MFP participant. I am 48 years old and have been on this diet journey since I was a college freshman. I have always been heavy, but recently hit a high mark in my weight which is actually my low mark in self esteem. I managed to let myself get to 317 lbs on a 6'1" frame. I made a choice in early January to stop the madness. I have managed to get down to 283 lbs. I admit I've not followed a good plan. I need help and support for the rest of this journey. I want to take this weight off and say goodbye to the ups and downs. 83 lbs to go!!! I look forward to a challenging journey. Thanks to all.

Replies

• norzanita
    norzanita Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi just want to wish you the best of luck in your journey. :)
  • Erilynn93
    Erilynn93 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I've had similar troubles. One thing you definitely don't want to do is let yourself gain it back. It's much harder to lose it the second time, that's what I'm going through now. I'm 5'3" and I started at about 240, got down to 180, got into a car accident and went back up to 218 or so. Not fun at all, but change is definitely possible!

Good luck! :smile:
  • ustacould2
    ustacould2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. It's a battle that you can win. I'm determined to get through this.