Food/Fitness/Cooking Magazines

Options
Are they worth the investment????

Currently, I am suscribed to Health Cooking (Taste of Home), Cooking Light (just barely suscribed...they sucked me in with pictures).... I am eyeballing "Fitness" or "Shape" and "Clean Eating" (although that would be a really tough phase for me to jump to in one leap right now).

Are these good to keep on hand.... a waste of money....etc
My house is FULL of cooking magazines (due to job and interest) but I want things that I can actually use and will be healthy... for my job and my family.

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options

Currently, I am suscribed to Health Cooking (Taste of Home), Cooking Light (just barely suscribed...they sucked me in with pictures).... I am eyeballing "Fitness" or "Shape" and "Clean Eating" (although that would be a really tough phase for me to jump to in one leap right now).

My house is FULL of cooking magazines (due to job and interest) but I want things that I can actually use and will be healthy... for my job and my family.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

I really enjoy the Clean Eating mags

FC:heart:
  • jelee18
    jelee18 Posts: 46
    Options
    Love Shape magazine!
  • Noraavon
    Noraavon Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Magazine subscriptions are so dirt cheap right now! If there is a mag that you pick up twice a year, might as well subscribe for that price and enjoy it all year!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Magazine subscriptions are so dirt cheap right now! If there is a mag that you pick up twice a year, might as well subscribe for that price and enjoy it all year!

I know! I got a deal on the Cooking Light.... I want a healthy family... so figured I'd start early.
  • OctoberBabe
    OctoberBabe Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Its according to how educated you are in that area.

I have learned alot and have read very good information in the fitness magazine.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Its according to how educated you are in that area.

I have learned alot and have read very good information in the fitness magazine.

I'm a family consumer science teacher and a health teacher.... so I have some background.
  • lisapisa81
    lisapisa81 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    i was reading some of the most popular fitness magazines (shape, self, fitness) for a LONG time (i know what to do, i just don't do it...until now!) and I was getting a little bored with them, same stuff over and over, and it seems like sometimes the either dumb down the info or have too many pictures. one day i picked up my husband's copy of men's health, and i was surprised at how interesting and full the content was...so i decided to try women's health and i think it is the best one out there, content wise.
  • carla529
    Options
    Fitness Rx is amazing! They base all their articles on scientific research...they have a great website too! :wink:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    This is good you guys....
    I am clueless on fitness magazines.
    I know how to work out... I just lack motivation.

I like fact based things as well so I may need to look at these 2 new sugestions... I don't need "frills" I am a sweat and blood kinda girl.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Bump

Anyone know of Fitness magazines that don't have a million advertisements for dietary supplements.... cause they tempt me... even though they totally jack up my body.