30 Day Shred - Upper Body

Options
I have started the 30 day shred level 2. During it, Jillian mentions working the upper body to make it appear larger which will make the waist look smaller. I have a goal to fit into a dress a month from now which is tight in the bust and back area and now im worried im going to get even bigger and not fit into my dress at all!! Did this happen to anyone? Im hoping to lean out as opposed to gain massive amounts of muscle but just wanting to make sure. I don't want to end up looking like pop-eye!

Replies

• RosieS_1980
    RosieS_1980 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You won't. Don't worry. You don't lift heavy enough weights on that program and unless you're seriously weight training, women don't tend to bulk up :)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    You're not going to gain any appreciable amount of muscle (or anything else) in 30 days. Especially while in a calorie deficit and using a Jillian Michaels video as your workout.

It takes years of hard, heavy training (and usually lots of anabolic steroids) for women to build "massive amounts of muscle". It certainly won't happen accidentally.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Don't worry. You won't turn into the hulk. You should be consuming a calorie deficit and you aren't using heavy enough weights to make significant muscle gains. 30DS is a great DVD. Keep going!
  • chandraminick
    chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Ya, I did it for 60 days consecutive and got leaner up there, but no huge amount of muscle. That takes training.