Why am I gaining weight on 1400 calories?

Options

Replies

• stit60
    stit60 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    7056991 wrote: »
    I am sedentary. I do house work like vacuuming, washing dishes, but other then that, not much.

My diet is like
    Breakfast:
    Daves killer bread thin toast, 60 cal each.
    I have two.
    With a tablespoon of almond butter and teaspoon honey.
    Tea with splash skim milk and splenda.
    Cal: 250

Lunch: usually serving of rice and lean protein.
    Around 350 calories.

Snack: Either an apple, or berries and low fat yogurt, or a handful of almonds/cashews/walnuts or pistachios
    100 to 200 calories.

Dinner:
    I have something light like toast with either almond butter or honey butter toast with glass of skim milk.
    Or I substitute dinner for two sweet potatoes with coconut oil.
    It usually comes down to
    200-300 calories.

Before bed:
    Two cups of carbmaster skim milk.
    120 calories.

I agree with the others here. Start logging your food in the food section of this site. IT will provide you with nutritional and calorie and portion size information and will analyze your diet. That is the only way to be scientific about it. Did you mean you are 5'10" and 120lbs? If so, you are under weight and need to be taking in the proper nourishment. What is your exact age?
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    If you grew 1.5" in a few weeks, you probably aren't 18. People here are too old for growth spurts.

If you are 5'10" and weight ~120 then your BMI class is underweight.

What's the real story

Growth spurts for girls end by 15yrs old

We shouldn't be advising young teens on how to manage their weight.

This isn't true for everyone. Much of this is tied into onset of puberty. I was a very late "bloomer", and my final growth spurt was around 18 years old. That being said, there are red flags here that indicate this poster may not be 18 yet. And there are definite red flags that indicate a trip to the doctor is in order.

Are you sure your memory isn't playing tricks on you? Girls universally reach their adult height by 15yrs, though other body parts may fill out which feels like a growth spurt.

Even boys are done growing in height by 18

Childrens-Rate-of-Growth-By-Age-Chart.jpg

Nope. Even my daughter's pediatrician has said growth spurts can occur up to 2 years after onset of a girl's period. I started at 16, well past average age.
  • dongat123
    dongat123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I notice that you're eating a lot of empty carbs. The bread and the rice definitely need to go, even if it's just for a short time frame - take them out for 2 weeks. Try having maybe just one serving of a carb 2 weeks later. But only brown rice. Also, I found that taking out all nuts really made a difference. Substitute with just veggies with a small serving of hummus. See how that goes. Also, I suggest taking i heaping tablespoon phsyllium powder with water before every meal. That alone will make a big difference for you. But if you do all of those things together you will see a bit difference. One more thing -try an herbal tea at night instead of milk. You really don't need all that much dairy. Let me know if that makes a difference! I'm confident it will - it did for me!
  • iamsharica
    iamsharica Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    It could be water weight. Is your diet high in sodium?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Woah! I got 1.1 K views in a day. I didn't know my case was that serious and I was just wondering if others also gain on 1400

Short answer is no unless a medical condition which sounds apparent in you case.

1. You created many accounts in MFP before the age of 18, which was against the MFP site rules.

2. You should be seeking advice from your parents and your doctor as this sounds like something that warrants medical advice.

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,997 Member
    Options
    The daily meals that I listed are what I eat on a "Good day"
    And even then, everything I eat has low carb skim watery milk and artificial sweeteners.
    No one should gain eating like that.
    People my age are slim eating bags of chips, pizza, instant noodles and soda.
    I actually eat less than that most of the time, such as no snacks and I usually skip lunch.
    It does not matter how little or how much I eat, I can't stop gaining weight. I am gaining a pound and a half a week.

Just. No.

See a doctor. I think you have a terrible disease.
  • TARGET65K
    TARGET65K Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bye Bye
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    The daily meals that I listed are what I eat on a "Good day"
    And even then, everything I eat has low carb skim watery milk and artificial sweeteners.
    No one should gain eating like that.
    People my age are slim eating bags of chips, pizza, instant noodles and soda.
    I actually eat less than that most of the time, such as no snacks and I usually skip lunch.
    It does not matter how little or how much I eat, I can't stop gaining weight. I am gaining a pound and a half a week.

If you gain weight without supporting Calories In, then you are a medical abnormality that MUST BE STUDIED.
    Perhaps instead of exhaling CO2, you are converting it to body mass? Your genetics could hold the key to reversing global warming.

Submit yourself to your nearest Medical college, just don't sign any consent forms that allow for dissection without parental consent.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    That may be so?
    I've been feeling really unhealthy, unable to concentrate and keep getting sick. I've been losing my grip, it is difficult to pick stuff up - as simple as a pencil. I keep dropping things.
    Along with fatigue, joint pain, and no bowel movements for weeks sometimes!! tmi I know.

I'll consider getting medical advice.

Where are your parents in all of this? Are they aware of your problems?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    My parents know but they are not sure of what is wrong because everytime I go to the doctor they say everything is fine and don't really take anything seriously

To put your mind at ease book yourself in for a full health check up, blood tests etc. It could be something simple and easily fixable. You'll never, ever know if you never, ever go.
    This must be causing you a lot of stress which is unhealthy in itself.
This discussion has been closed.