New member from the frozen north

Options
Hi! I'm new to this site. I'm one of the many overweight people living in Wisconsin USA. I'm also one of the growing number of people with Type 2 Diabetes. I think this will be a great way to keep track fo my eating habits as well as encourage me to exercise. I really hate to sweat, so this isn't a problem walking outdoors at this time of year :laugh: I look forward to meeting a few of you online.

Replies

• jolynn
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to this site. I'm one of the many overweight people living in Wisconsin USA. I'm also one of the growing number of people with Type 2 Diabetes. I think this will be a great way to keep track fo my eating habits as well as encourage me to exercise. I really hate to sweat, so this isn't a problem walking outdoors at this time of year :laugh: I look forward to meeting a few of you online.
  • alaskagal
    Options
    Hi -

I'm also from the frozen north only it's Alaska. Yes, at -10 this morning there was little fear of sweating if I was doing anything outside. However, I avoid those type of cold temperatures if at all possible. In any case welcome to the group. You'll find lots of support so just holler if you need anything.

:flowerforyou:
  • His_Kelly
    Options
    Greeting from a fellow Wisconsinite :smile:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Greetings from the frozen north - Montana! Welcome - hope you thaw soon :smile:
  • joanne123
    Options
    ooh I'm not loving the cold! :grumble: This site is great for my US geography - I have to look up each of the states. You are WAY up north!
    I'm in the north of England - not the same at all. Although it's winter here it has been sunny and warm today. It usually rains a lot where I live cos we're between hill ranges. :smile:
    Greetings and welcome :flowerforyou:
  • c-grandma
    Options
    Hi from a near-by neighbor in MI. 20 below wind chill factor here! Spring can't come soon enough for me. This is a great site to log your food and exercise. I'm addicted-good luck to you-Chris.
  • kellbell
    kellbell Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hello from Northern Michigan!
    BRRRRR....right now it is -21. Welcome to the site and good luck!!!
  • karilynn
    Options
    hi! welcome! i'm from the frozen north too...canada. brrrr!! this is a great site..hope you enjoy it
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Welcome, WI here as well too...best of luck!
  • baxters
    Options
    Hello from Northeastern New York! I too am battling Type II. We can get through this together!
  • krazykayzy
    krazykayzy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Welcome...I was just wishing this morning that it was spring. However this last week has been -25 with a windchill on top of that.:sad:
  • twink3110
    Options
    Welcome, and the freeze is on in Iowa too. We have not had such a snowy cold winter since 1979. The year my middle child was born. The cold and snow is a natural signal for me to bake and eat and this site is keeping me on track. If ya need some help I'm only a state away or better yet a few clicks on the keyboard.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • adelespears
    Options
    Oh my goodness... all of those cold temperatures! I live in central-south Texas and it's been High 70's almost to 80 this week.

Never seen snow.

haha, so I count you lucky for having cold Temps. around here there's 4 Seasons. Almost summer, Summer, Still Summer, and Christmas Day.
  • nannascot
    nannascot Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Hi from the North of Scotland, its pretty cold here too. Good luck with the challenge you have hit upon a great site, we can all help each other. :smile:
  • promoterdreams2lose
    promoterdreams2lose Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello from the Adirondack Mountains(Hudson Falls,NY). I have a few things that make losing weight while eating right important. I am hypoglycemic & anemic. I was born with crooked leg bones/malformed pelvis. I also have fibromyalgia & I am bi-polar. We all come from different backgrounds-but here we are united as one to overcome one thing--being overweight. I look forward to meeting you all & sharing our stories as we follow one another's weight loss journeys.