What counts in your water log?

Options
So I'm trying to stop drinking sodas. I've started buying flavored seltzer for that flavorful carbonation fix. My question is, does it count in our water logging? I mean water is in the title, there's no calories, sodium, carbs, etc. I would love some input, annd gooo....

Replies

• scootermamma42
    scootermamma42 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So I'm trying to stop drinking sodas. I've started buying flavored seltzer for that flavorful carbonation fix. My question is, does it count in our water logging? I mean water is in the title, there's no calories, sodium, carbs, etc. I would love some input, annd gooo....
  • scootermamma42
    scootermamma42 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
  • mistahjslover
    mistahjslover Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I normally count seltzer, sparkling, ice and water. Maybe even a light color tea. No dark drinks
  • MariannePhoto
    MariannePhoto Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I only count water and water with lemon.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I normally count seltzer, sparkling, ice and water. Maybe even a light color tea. No dark drinks

Why not dark drinks?
  • mistahjslover
    mistahjslover Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Why not dark drinks?

I grew up taught that the lighter your pee, the healthier you are. Dark drinks make you pee darker. But the real science, any food can mess with your pee.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options

Why not dark drinks?

I grew up taught that the lighter your pee, the healthier you are. Dark drinks make you pee darker. But the real science, any food can mess with your pee.

I drink 4 cups of black tea daily along with other dark herbal teas each day. My pee is always very light yellow.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Why not dark drinks?

No. The two things that make your pee darker are dehydration and the time it takes to get through your system- longer and your urine is darker, it's why your first urine in the morning is darker.

Dark drinks are more likely to contain caffeine, but not always.

I log all the liquid I drink. I get kidney stones so it's good to know.

Editing to add- there can be medical disorders that affect your urine color too, but it's still not the color of your drinks.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I only log plain water as water, but some say that all fluids are good for hydration, and should be considered the same way.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Just water but I generally only consume water for beverages so there is that.
  • kmorrow0712
    kmorrow0712 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Usually only straight water, but I also drink La Croix and coffee. I see the seltzer as just an added bonus because I easily drink 64oz a day and feel like crap if I don't. Honestly logging it just makes me feel better, so I do it.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    When I was on Weight Watchers many moons ago, everything counted except alcohol. Now I only drink water, lemon water, black plain coffee, and plain green or herbal tea. I counted up cups one day last week and it was 14.
  • jak1958
    jak1958 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    If it has calories it counts toward your intake. Your body needs water... ditch the soda :)

You've got this!
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I only log water as water
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I only count water.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options

Why not dark drinks?

Nope.