Eczema and Food Allergies

Hello I have a question I was recently diagnosed with a Avacado and Paprika allergy (very minor) I heard if I am allergic to Paprika I am allergic to every pepper in it's family (Nightshade family) I want to know if that's true and if I should contact my doctor to get another allergy test

Replies

• cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited March 2017
    I'd contact your doctor to ask. I don't think we can give medical advice.

I can say that I'm allergic to apples, but not any other fruits in that family.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    I clicked on this post because my psoriasis (similar to eczema) flares up when I eat gluten. I didn't need an allergy test to figure that out though - I just did an elimination food diet and added back in specific foods one by one to see what was causing a reaction. You can always do that - remove everything in the paprika and avocado families from your diet for 6 weeks, then reintroduce one thing at a time (in small amounts) until you have a reaction. Then you can isolate that one item from your diet. Cheaper than an allergy test. However, as the previous poster said, this is just my experience - not medical advice.
  • ShinySkyShaymin1994
    ShinySkyShaymin1994 Posts: 105 Member
    sofchak wrote: »
    I clicked on this post because my psoriasis (similar to eczema) flares up when I eat gluten. I didn't need an allergy test to figure that out though - I just did an elimination food diet and added back in specific foods one by one to see what was causing a reaction. You can always do that - remove everything in the paprika and avocado families from your diet for 6 weeks, then reintroduce one thing at a time (in small amounts) until you have a reaction. Then you can isolate that one item from your diet. Cheaper than an allergy test. However, as the previous poster said, this is just my experience - not medical advice.

I think milk products flare my eczema I already know I have a small lactose problem like my brothers and dad I can drink a certain amount before it goes through me so I have as little as I can so I really only eat yogurt and Quest Bars but I am eliminating them again as I am I did a few things and put them back in I removed spices milk and added Aveeno and my eczema cleared up I noticed my skin would get a itchy when I eat milk Yogurt a couple days with no milk products my skin is a little better.