Looking for Christian Friends

Options
sunabove
sunabove Posts: 94 Member
Hi all. I'm back and have 5.5kg to lose and would love to get to know other fellow Christians.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome back.

I wanted to point you in the direction of these two groups:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/378-christian-support-group

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3288-we-are-made-to-crave-lets-get-fit-4-christ

you may find their discussions enjoyable and a great place to find friends.

~Best wishes on your journey
  • Mrsorchidgrower101
    Mrsorchidgrower101 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm back after 4 years. I got a little carried away over Christmas. They have made many improvements since
    I did this 4 years ago. I like it.
  • sunabove
    sunabove Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm not new to this app but new to this group. Excited to find Christian group.
    I would like friends for support and also give support. Due to health issues I have to keep posts short and are not able to read lengthy posts on a regular basis.
    Short and sweet is me. Please friend me if you are in a similar situation.
    God bless.
  • lunabellz
    lunabellz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Send me a friend request I have lots of health issues too.
  • bernitom
    bernitom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Christian woman here with health issues also. Am new to here also.send me a friend request please,not sure how to do it.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Sorry about that (now deleted) guy. Not all atheists are like that. Best wishes to all of you. :)
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    @sunabove You may add me if you wish. I'd like to acquire like friends as well.
  • argos14
    argos14 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request if you want to add me
  • estephany1
    estephany1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    sent you a friend request!
  • fernnose
    fernnose Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think this would be a great group. I'm always looking for spiritual support from fellow believers.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    LonsyBoy wrote: »
    tad confused why a religion is focused on with losing weight, not trying to instigate but curious if its a spiritual way to help lose weight/tone up
    5.5kgs is an easy goal with the right motivation, so best of luck!

Same way people come in looking for trans, gay, black, Hispanic etc... friends. People want to feel that kinship with like friends.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    tad confused why a religion is focused on with losing weight, not trying to instigate but curious if its a spiritual way to help lose weight/tone up

Same way people come in looking for trans, gay, black, Hispanic etc... friends. People want to feel that kinship with like friends.

Not sure that's what he meant.

Lonsy:
    That's how faith works. If you'll accept the idea that Alcoholics' Anonymous (AA) is successful method of recovery for alcoholics (because it is), the crux of AA is admitting that the person is powerless without the help of a higher power, which they call "God as we understand him."

A Christian weight loss support group, then, helps Christians in the same way MFP users help each other--PLUS Christians help each other to have faith that God is at work within all of us. When we succeed, we'll have done so with the help of God's grace.

Oh, by the way: Add me.
  • LonsyBoy
    LonsyBoy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    but isnt that an isolation point? plenty of people with experience and knowledge here but pulling away only to a certain direction based on a specific idea or title just doesn't make much sense to myself.
    We all have a goal much alike the AA here and saying " such and such ONLY" restricted to someones race/religion or idea of life.
    I have no issues with people wanting to stick to their own in a sense but its a wasted resource and segregating again
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    friends who go to church would be cool
  • MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Adding you! :smile:
  • MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    Options

The bible says our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit. Many believers (including myself) believe that keeping the "temple" healthy so one is fully able to be used by God (not limited by sluggishness, ill health, etc) is very important. Probably, those that aren't Christians would either have difficulty understanding this aspect or be adverse to discussing how it relates to weight loss. I know for me, the state of my walk with God is often mirrored in how I'm eating. Probably hard to explain the aspect of fellowship with other believers that are going through the same thing, but here's a piece of it, anyway. :) BTW, it's a good and fair question for you to ask.

ronjsteele1..yes!! By taking care of our temples we are honoring God. I have noticed throughout years that I eat when I feel sad, anxious, mad and so on.... By doing this I was putting (junk) Food above God since I would grab that cookie, or ice cream or cake when I should be grabbing my bible (or praying) when I have troubles instead of food that is just going to hurt my health in the long run. If you haven't read Made to Crave I highly recommend it! :smile: