Easiest Pasta w/ Broccoli

Options
Cherilea
Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
This is from skinnystaste.com and is already in the food database! Anyway, I made this tonight and it was really good! Im not much of a pasta eater, but I liked this. There weren't any leftovers which means the kiddos and husband liked it too. :smile:

Easiest Pasta and Broccoli Recipe
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 6 • Size: 1 1/2 cups • Old Points: 6 pts • Points+: 8 pts
Calories: 289.2 • Fat: 7.1 g • Carbs: 48 g • Fiber: 4.9 g • Protein: 11.7 g • Sugar: 1.0
Sodium: 103.7 (without salt)

Ingredients:

12 oz uncooked pasta
6 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets, no stems
5 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
salt and fresh cracked pepper

Directions:

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. When water boils, add pasta and broccoli at the same time and cook according to pasta instructions for al dente. When pasta is almost done cooking, reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water and set aside. Drain pasta and broccoli.

Return the pot to the stove and set heat to high; add 1 tbsp olive oil, when hot, add garlic. Cook until golden, reduce flame to low and add pasta back to the pot.

Mix well, add remaining olive oil, grated cheese, salt and pepper to taste mixing well and smashing any large pieces of broccoli to break up.

Add 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water and mix well adding more if needed.

Serve in pasta bowls with additional grated cheese on the side.

Replies

• mariedingle
    Options
    This sounds delicious and is right up my alley!! Thanks for posting!!
  • chrisfnet
    chrisfnet Posts: 83
    Options
    This sounds really good, but I'm wondering why the pasta water is added at the end.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    MMMM...good idea! I have some fresh broccoli from the garden that I need to use up.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    This sounds really good and Im definitely going to give it a try.. also wondering why the pasta water is added in the end?
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    This sounds really good, but I'm wondering why the pasta water is added at the end.

Im assuming you use that to keep the pasta from sticking together & from sticking to the bottom of the pan. I only used a 1/2 a cup and it wasn't watery at all.
  • DanaLynnMN
    DanaLynnMN Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stporter
    stporter Posts: 16
    Options
    I am definitey going to try this next week. Thanks for posting!