Sharing my thoughts on: Two ingredient pancakes: 1 banana 2 eggs.

Options
Geocitiesuser
Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
If you look around there's all sorts of pancake recipes (another fav of mine is just protein powder and egg). I came across one that was just banana and egg. I really like it, and felt like offering some thoughts on it.

First, here's the macros of what I made. The pancakes are two eggs and banana, then I top them with a thing of raspberries and a few quick squirts of fat free reddi whip

dcoL0DO.png

So, advice #1: The quality of eggs is important. Use either fresh farm eggs or eggland's best eggs, otherwise the sulfer in the eggs is all you will be able to taste!!!

advice #2: You can add some cinnamon and a splash of vanilla to the batter. I usually only do this if using supermarket brand eggs that taste sulfery. (You can also just use yolks, as the sulfer flavor is in the white)

advice #3: Use a blender. I use a braun but any blender will do. Otherwise it's hard to get good consistency beating with a fork.

That's it. Not a huge recipe. Just felt like sharing b/c these are delicious assuming you use good eggs. The absolute key here is you MUST use good eggs, and a ripe banana helps greatly. Otherwise all you taste is the egg and that's kinda gross.

Replies

• Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I wonder if you add a little bit of coconut flour wouldnthat maybe make it a more like a pancake texture than omelette texture.?

They are very much pancake texture. If you google it this is a super common recipe. The big complaints come from people who complain all they taste is the egg, not realizing most store bought eggs are old and sulfery-tasting. Besides, it's about the calorie count and clean ingredients. This is a pancake alternative to flour for really reasonable calories. Goes well with cary's sugar free syrup as well.

I have experimented with adding a dash of baking powder, but I've found it's not necessary and actually makes them too aerated.

• Rushgirl82
    Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I make mine with one egg and one small-medium banana. Two eggs, I don't like the consistency. I add a heaping tbsp of oats to mine along with a tbsp of ground flax seed and some cinnamon and cook in coconut oil! I eat these nearly every day! Topped with fruit or a bit of peanut butter is good too! It took me a couple times to get used to these but now I love them!
    2msf28kltwu9.png
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I personally wouldn't call that a pancake since there's no cake in it. Banana patty maybe?
    Also not really 2 ingredients since toppings count as ingredients to me.
    But, if it's yummy then it has permission to go in my tummy.
    So I may still try it!
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    joa5k2gfx6f4.jpg
    zxeloyad9pz0.jpg
    I think these taste much better and the macros/calorie content is less. Sugar free syrup has 15calories for a 1/4c and I use half that to top these off. Add some berries to make them pretty. No egg needed. You can add protein powder to them, but since there's 3/4c of egg whites, the protein is pretty good already.
    1.jpg 68.2K
    2.jpg 115.7K
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    Banana omelet. Blech.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I make these with one egg, one banana, a little baking powder and some flavored no sugar coffee creamer. Is it a pancake? No but it is pretty good and filling and you can add in whatever flavor you want.
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I use one banana, two eggs, cinnamon and some ghee in the pan. I spoon out to 5/6 small thick "pancakes", these make it easier to flip. I mash the banana then stir in the egg, found that overmixing spoiled the texture as the banana chunks help keep the pancake thick. Have tried adding different flours before but to be honest it doesn't make a huge difference. These always turn out banana/sweet to me, not at all eggy. Might just be lucky living in the UK we have easy access to decent quality eggs.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I was surprised at how good these actually are. I tried it because I am gluten free and it made a nice, easy pancake for me. I like to eat it with peanut butter. I can whip one up in a few minutes and take it with me in my car for breakfast. Sometimes I add a scoop of protein powder, which makes it a little sweeter, but I like it either way.
  • dragonflywings117
    dragonflywings117 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I added some of my chocolate protein powder for a little extra. Chocolate banana pancake, it was really good!
  • dboyes79
    dboyes79 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Soooo yummy
    We add dark chocolate chips to it