Ankle aches

Options
Today is my first day on keto and also back from a 5 day vacation. I normally have a cleanse workout after a day of indulgence (more like for 5 days lol) and I have a lot of energy. Well today, I got right back on my treadmill to burn off most of the trip and to cleanse all the glycogen and water weight, well, while I started doing it l, my ankles started to ache like I just started a new hike on the mountain. I do walk on a 38 incline on my incliner treadmill and it is basically climbing a mountain but y on earth are my ankles aching?? I never have ankle aches when I get back into my fitness routine. I only burned 1/3 of what I planned on doing. Is it because I didn't warm up enough? What I did was wake up, have my main meal and decided to do my cleanse but as I started, they started hurting. I hope by tomorrow the aches will go away so I can cleanse my body and lose the weight quickly. I feel so out of shape and guilty that I didn't accomplish my goal for the day to jump start my diet. Also, the day before, we traveled in a car for about 6-7 hours and it was uncomfortable. Is it possible that the pain could go away by tomorrow after warming up a bit?

Replies

• zilkah
    zilkah Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My ankles ache if I didn't tie my shoes tight enough and my feet wiggle / lack stability
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Not sure why you're worrying about water, but anyway, yes, warming up first might help. Or it might not, depending on the cause. What shoes did you wear? Most shoes have a raised heel, which can stress the ankle when walking. :+1:
  • Alisonswim46
    Alisonswim46 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    What is a cleanse workout?

Soap, water, washcloth?
  • BlackPantherChick123
    BlackPantherChick123 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Lol, just a little extra cardio after over indulging. I would like to be able to get back into my routine but now I fear my ankles will ache. How can going 5 days away from the gym ruin my routine?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day on keto and also back from a 5 day vacation. I normally have a cleanse workout after a day of indulgence (more like for 5 days lol) and I have a lot of energy. Well today, I got right back on my treadmill to burn off most of the trip and to cleanse all the glycogen and water weight, well, while I started doing it l, my ankles started to ache like I just started a new hike on the mountain. I do walk on a 38 incline on my incliner treadmill and it is basically climbing a mountain but y on earth are my ankles aching?? I never have ankle aches when I get back into my fitness routine. I only burned 1/3 of what I planned on doing. Is it because I didn't warm up enough? What I did was wake up, have my main meal and decided to do my cleanse but as I started, they started hurting. I hope by tomorrow the aches will go away so I can cleanse my body and lose the weight quickly. I feel so out of shape and guilty that I didn't accomplish my goal for the day to jump start my diet. Also, the day before, we traveled in a car for about 6-7 hours and it was uncomfortable. Is it possible that the pain could go away by tomorrow after warming up a bit?

This does not sound healthy at all-punishing yourself for eating too much. This is heading straight into eating disorder territory. You might want to talk to a counselor about this.

38 incline is pretty nasty. Was that constant? Why not alternate between the inclines so that you don't hurt yourself?

Your ankles probably ache because of such a drastic incline, or maybe because you overdid it, or perhaps your shoes were not tied correctly.

I ache just writing this. :)