Living In Mexico...Dieting is Difficult :(

Options
Hi guys,

I'm new to fitnesspal, but I think I really need the extra motivation.

I moved to Mexico about a year ago. I love the food here, but its not exactly diet friendly. Also, I live in the South and its very hot, which makes doing my favourite exercise, running, very difficult in the heat.

Any help, advice or comments are very welcome.

Hope to hear from some of you soon,

Love from Mexico, Natalie x

Replies

• Julijulz
    Julijulz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about Mexico...what is available to you? Do you have enough room in your house to workout? Floor space that is...Maybe you could workout indoors.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Plan and plan again Natalie :tongue:
    You'll find a few great seasonal foods you can switch out, just count everything...and what ever you do, stay away from all those amazing eats! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Run early a.m. with lots of water

You're in a great place here :flowerforyou:
  • tatipose
    tatipose Posts: 5
    Options
    I would take advantage of the different varieties of fresh fruits and veggies available. Stick to grilled meats, and forget the cheese!
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Hey Natalie-
    I live in Nicaragua and have had a lot of the same issues. One good thing, though is that there is GREAT fruit- so take advantage of that!! You might be able to exercise outside early in the morning or else in the evening. I broke down and joined a gym, though- since I have no AC in my house and I really can work out better with AC. Keep trying different things- you'll find what works for you!
  • srast
    srast Posts: 17
    Options
    I think balance is the key... and I'm sure you're eating a lot of rice and beans! Lean more towards the vegetables and chicken and less on the guacamole and sour cream. Have you tried getting into a swimming routine? That's always a fun/cool way to exercise. I should move to Mexico. I find it so much easier to diet when it's hot because all i want are those flavor ices in the tubes. Plus I hate eating while wearing a bathing suit. Maybe I should try wearing a bathing suit under my clothes during the winter and I might just stop packing back on the pounds I lose over the summer...

Wish I could help more but good luck!
  • sikita
    sikita Posts: 6
    Options
    I live in Mexico, actually I am mexican. We have a great variety of fruits and vegetables, and they are really really cheap. The classical "tortilla de maiz" (corn tortilla) is pretty low-cal. We also have lots of fresh, low fat cheeses.
    I dont know exactly what are you struggling with.

Please let me know if I can help you figuring out wich typical dishes are more low cal, low fat
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    k bkn :D vivi en chile x alguno tiempo kuando estuve en el liceo. xk razon estas en mexico?

sorry, I don't get to practice my spanish much >_< Feel free to agregarme como un pal.