Well over 100lbs to lose---need support!

Options
Hey all-

I have about 150 lbs to lose all together but I have virtually no support in my fitness goals from the people I live with. It's not that they don't think it's a good and admirable goal, but it's very hard for me to eat right and exercise when my roommates (both overweight as well) are too tired to exercise and eat frozen or delivered pizza more than 3 times per week every week. And fast food literally daily.

I had to disconnect from Facebook recently because of its negative influence on my emotional and psychological state and since I suffer from a very severe type of social anxiety, I don't get to leave the house much to make connections in the real world. I'd like to make this app my main social media outlet so I can keep in touch with positive, encouraging people who have similar goals and who understand the struggles I may be dealing with, at least when it comes to my wight. Please add me if you want to and help me be accountable for what I eat and specifically, my water intake as that's the area I'm struggling with the most right now. I hope to see lots of you on my newsfeed soon!

Larisa

Replies

• tufntender
    tufntender Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi Larisa :)
  • JustTrackinIt
    JustTrackinIt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to take the journey on your own! No shame. It will be a lot better when you are getting results and everybody asks you how you are doing it. I suggest you read the stickies in the bodybuilding forums under nutrition it helped me a lot with my nutrition/diet which is 90% of weight loss.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

the sticky on calculating your macros is very useful knowledge that i wish i would have known growing up
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! You can do this! Don't let the negative influences around you stop you from being the best you!

I have 100 to lose as well. I am going with 5 lb mini goals. It's so much easier to stay committed. Check out my website MFP profile.

tl6sqzxqrmul.png
  • SapphireMoon23
    SapphireMoon23 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hey all-

I have about 150 lbs to lose all together but I have virtually no support in my fitness goals from the people I live with. It's not that they don't think it's a good and admirable goal, but it's very hard for me to eat right and exercise when my roommates (both overweight as well) are too tired to exercise and eat frozen or delivered pizza more than 3 times per week every week. And fast food literally daily.

I had to disconnect from Facebook recently because of its negative influence on my emotional and psychological state and since I suffer from a very severe type of social anxiety, I don't get to leave the house much to make connections in the real world. I'd like to make this app my main social media outlet so I can keep in touch with positive, encouraging people who have similar goals and who understand the struggles I may be dealing with, at least when it comes to my wight. Please add me if you want to and help me be accountable for what I eat and specifically, my water intake as that's the area I'm struggling with the most right now. I hope to see lots of you on my newsfeed soon!

Larisa

hi. I would like more insights, tips, & motivation. can we be friends? Here's my info from my mfp blog. Would like your input.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/sapphiremoon23/view/weightloss-strategies-914220

isabel
  • rwt2016
    rwt2016 Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi! I started at the same place! My overall goal was to lose around 130 pounds, and I've still got about 85 of that to go. We'll get there. Feel free to add me. :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,073 Member
    Options
    Sent you an add request there, I'm looking to get down 80lb from my start weight. I've an open diary and I log daily (Day 78) and also started blogging my journey. All welcome to add me.
  • Sloonsfoot3
    Sloonsfoot3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! You can do this! Don't let the negative influences around you stop you from being the best you!

I have 100 to lose as well. I am going with 5 lb mini goals. It's so much easier to stay committed. Check out my website MFP profile.

tl6sqzxqrmul.png

I am in the same exact boat as you coming in at 5'3 max weight 230. :(
  • azuremiste
    azuremiste Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to friend me. I started this adventure with about 100 pounds to lose, still have about 55 to go! I love watching people's progress, let's be friends! You CAN do this
  • mickeyyy20
    mickeyyy20 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I feel you girl. This community is great ! Everyone is struggling together and we all get to motivate eachother in some way. I sent you a friend request if you'd like to chat. I've been on this thing for a little over a week and I love the results so far :)
  • jadaatenise
    jadaatenise Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You can do it !
  • dmhaag
    dmhaag Posts: 172 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    100 + pounds with no surgery is a great and very supportive group!
  • s54729
    s54729 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Larisa,
    Two things that help me...
    1. I bought 3 Tervis Tumblers (24oz) and fill them with water first thing - that gives me a minimum of 9 glasses of water a day (plus anything i drink outside of the house). It doesn't have to be Tervis, but a clear glass so you can see how much is left - as visual reminder.
    2. I set smaller weight loss goals. My first goal was to lose 5 lbs, then 10 more, then pick a specific weight (250, 225, something). Then the next 25 lb increment after that. I always know what my ultimate goal is, but this makes me feel good that i have reached A goal and gives me the confidence that i can do the next one. Trying to lose +100 can feel daunting... but trying to lose 10-25 feels do-able. It's kind of like starting an exercise program, you don't start at the heaviest weight and most reps, you start small and before you know it... :D
  • Brandi_Allison
    Brandi_Allison Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    When your house mates want to eat pizza, maybe try to make homemade pizza with a cauliflower crust and fresh veggies!! If you need to add meat, try the turkey varieties of sausage and pepperoni :-) Best of luck!