I made it to "Onederland". 315 to 199 since may. 20-25 to go to goal

Options
Geocitiesuser
Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
K3LkB2C.jpg

I am ridiculously proud of myself this morning. I peaked at 335 a couple of years ago, lost 80, put it mostly back on, started again, and now I'm finally close to my old college weight. I'm developing a little bit of loose skin issues but honestly it is way better looking than fat.

Pretty stoked. I'm not there yet. My BMI is still bad (27) but I will very soon be at a health weight, size, and shape. I've been giving myself a target date of august to hit 175lbs, but I'm thinking I will hit it much sooner!

The food tracking and weight tracking on this website are the cornerstone of everything for me. It keeps me on track and on point.

Replies

• CCCXXXVtoCLIX
    CCCXXXVtoCLIX Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great Job. Go you!
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Great job! Very encouraging to see someone who had lost weight, slipped back a bit, and then came back to succeed. :)
  • SweetP27
    SweetP27 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • Geocitiesuser
    Options
    eblyth00 wrote: »
    Awesome very inspiring. Almost exactly my goals. My heaviest was 320 that I weighed myself. I lost 60 pounds got off track and gained back up to 300. So I just started again a little over a month ago. It's great seeing someone with such similar numbers and story have such great success.

Isn't it crazy how quick and easy it comes back if you're not paying attention? All it takes is a few months of "old bad habits" and presto chango, back at square 1. I've read that losing weight long term is a lot like smoking, even though a lot of people relapse your chances of long term success improve with every attempt. I quit smoking both times too :) lol.
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Way to go!
  • naomillion
    naomillion Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is an accomplishment to be proud of, congrats!
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    The bulk of my weightloss was very linear as well, good work staying so consistent for such a long period of time
  • mandalunia
    mandalunia Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    That is Amazing!
  • virgoconga
    virgoconga Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Your journey is amazing!!!
    Stay the course and be thankful for such great focus and determination
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Wow, you dropped 115 in less than a year. I like how your trend remained fairly stable,
    gives me hope for my goal of -100 in a year.

qaiedhlscynk.jpg
  • 1Nana2many
    1Nana2many Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It's amazing what a difference getting your head in the game can make, isn't it! Sometimes I still want to kick myself for letting it take me so long, but past is past and moving forward is what matters most! Congratulations on your continued success!
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • emmalouise2222
    emmalouise2222 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration... well done
  • LadyLilion
    LadyLilion Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    116 in less than a year! FANTASTIC!
  • Geocitiesuser
    Options
    Wow thank you to everyone that have all said nice things. <3 This has been a very solitary journey for me and I do not get much support beyond myself, so it is really nice to get the virtual pat on the back from all of you.

I'm definitely not done yet. I was a little hesistant about posting this originally because I don't want to "pre-celebrate", my BMI is still overweight and there is still a muffin top to incinerate around my belt line.

What "onederland" does represent to me though is tangible progress and the new long term goal of never (EVER!) letting my weight begin with a two ever again. It's a sort of a milestone in the journey for me that I'm on the last leg of the race, and that if I keep pushing, I will get to my fitness goals.

@theo166 100 in a year is definitely possible. I think I lost a little bit too fast because I'm a little over zealous, but I think 10lbs a month average is really reasonable.

It's definitely all about consistency. The few times I went off my "wagon" you can see the small bumps in the graph. If I didn't get back on my "wagon" those bumps could have been a whole lot worse and set me back weeks or even months, or like in the past, put me back to square one.

So, thanks again for all the comments. I'm sure I'll be posting again once I get into healthy BMI range. And one day, hopefully, before and after photos.
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    wow amazing job :smiley:
  • joshtimusprime
    joshtimusprime Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! You rock!! Such an amazing accomplishment :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!