High protein breakfast ideas

Options
Hi all! Greetings from an Australian currently residing in Milan, Italy. I am surrounded by amazing food and wine everywhere I go, and Italian Nonna's wanting you to shove the food right in!

Looking for some high protein breakfast ideas from fellow members? Getting a little bored of my routine :smile:

Many thanks,
Emma

Replies

• kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Eggs, greek yogurt, nuts, seeds, lean meats, cottage cheese, oatmeal or whole grain toast with peanut or almond butter.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    left overs.
    eggs.
    bacon.
    eggs.
    yogurt
    left overs
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Eggs and Bacon with cheese, protein shake, eggs and turkey sausage crumbles, protein waffle/pancakes
  • lavoiekr
    lavoiekr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I make egg muffins with veggies. You can find some great recipies online for them. They are quick and convenient.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The more large eggs, the better, as egg albumin is the best available protein on the planet. Harzer cheese is better, but it doesn't seem to be available outside Germany.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    My favorite go to right now is a Protein bowl... Greek yogurt with a 1/2 scoop of my protein shake powder, I add a 1/4 cup of trail mix (usually nuts, dark chocolate, dried fruit) and then top with blueberries or strawberries. Taste Delish and keeps me totally satisfied til lunch. Other go to on the weekends when I have time to cook is poached eggs, with turkey bacon/sausage and multigrain bread.
  • bobtater1
    bobtater1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I like eggs n oats. Two whole eggs whipped. Put in 1/4 cup of rolled oats and a splash of milk. Scramble it and eat and good to go. 215 calories just like that.
  • reyoflightphoto
    reyoflightphoto Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelettes. Or my go to which is protein bars by premier protein. 290 calories, 30g protein. I am good for a while. My favorite are salted caramel and peanut butter. Yum. :smile:
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    Oh and try oatmeal cottage cheese pancakes. I have the exact recipe I use at home but it's oatmeal, cottage cheese, eggs, butter or oil and if you choose to sweeten it up with something. I'm sure you can google/Pinterest and find the same or similar recipe. I usually spread peanut butter on mine and they are supper filling and high protein.
  • joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Eggs and steak. Either in an omelet or a scramble. I love having a scramble with some mushroom, spinach and carne asada from the previous night.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    KelGen02 wrote: »
    My favorite go to right now is a Protein bowl... Greek yogurt with a 1/2 scoop of my protein shake powder, I add a 1/4 cup of trail mix (usually nuts, dark chocolate, dried fruit) and then top with blueberries or strawberries. Taste Delish and keeps me totally satisfied til lunch. Other go to on the weekends when I have time to cook is poached eggs, with turkey bacon/sausage and multigrain bread.

this is my favorite evening/afternoon snack- but it's about like that- yogurt + protein + granola + berries.
    So nommy.
  • KassLea22
    KassLea22 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, turkey bacon, and avocado toast....my go-to
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    My go to is a scramble with lean meat and egg whites. Add in mushrooms, salsa, spinach, etc. I typically have over 100 grams of protein just for breakfast. Sometimes I change it up with oatmeal mixed with peanut butter flavored whey, pb2, and sugar free syrup or some chicken sausage and 1% or fate free cottage cheese.