Slimming world

Options
Was thinking about joining slimming world as ive heard so many positive stories, does anyone do slimming world here ? And what do they think?

Replies

• MaryG_inspain
    MaryG_inspain Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I signed up for three months with SW (you can't sign up for a shorter trial). I've just switched to MFP after 4 weeks. I have lost 7 lb in that time but I really don't like Syn system. I don't like the fact it encourages you to eat processed low fat products (often packed with sweeteners) but discourages healthy fats like Avocado, natural yoghurt or Olive Oil. If your current diet is one of junk / comfort style food, then it might suit you as it's all about simulating that kind of food using other products. You can't deny it works, but MFP works better as I want to eat a healthy balanced diet, I like getting extra allowance for exercise that I do. I'm going to see how MFP goes... Good luck to you whatever you choose to do.
  • galley0730
    galley0730 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! Sorry that you haven't had many responses! I joined SW in September, and I really like it. I've never been a junk food eater, really...i gained weight living overseas...eating wonderful food, just eating too much!
    I disagree with the previous poster...in our group, we are encouraged to increase our vegetables and fruits, processed stuff is entirely optional. As for avocado, it is considered a healthy food, it's just not a 'free' food, so you have to count it. I love Greek yoghurt...i eat it most days, and I'm not a fan of artificial sweeteners, so I don't tend to eat anything that includes them.
    I love that it encourages cooking from scratch rather than out of packets or microwave meals. I've always liked cooking, so meals have been easy for me to incorporate into the programme. My whole family is eating better as a result...lots more balanced meals, and not as much junk food. You can pretty much do the programme to suit your lifestyle...so if you feel deprived without that nightly packet of crisps, you can definitely have it if you want it, but overall, the food that's 'free' is real food.
    The group bit is not for everyone, but the members in my group are so lovely, I tend to stay for the chat, and we all love nice food, so we give each other good meal ideas that I wouldn't get on my own.
    It's not for everyone, but I'm enjoying it, and I definitely don't feel like I'm on a diet.
  • flosoup38
    flosoup38 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Personally I find it restrictive. If I've to count my avocado and handful of bits which are all good healthy options then I've little room syn wise for anything else. I also don't like the push for low fat stuff that's usually full of artificial sweeteners. For me the only thing seems to be eat whatever I want focussing on protein first and within my calorie limit. Eating as clean as possible 6 out of 7 days and having one day where if I want a takeaway or a piece of chocolate then I can have it
  • flosoup38
    flosoup38 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    That should say nuts lol