New Goal of Losing 90 pounds in one year

Options
I will be starting a new weight loss goal In April and will work hard to meet my goals that I have set for each month, I'm giving myself one year to meet this goal and if it takes longer that's ok as well. Below is what I'm going to do as far as goals.

April, May, June = 30Ib Goal
July, August,September= 30Ib Goal
October, November, December= 30Ib Goal

That's a total of 90 pounds I'm hoping to have this gone by this time next year or somewhat close to that total and if I don't meet it I will keep working at it.

Please feel free to add me as a friend

Replies

• katrina6823
    katrina6823 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Add me!! I'm 23 pounds down and have another 60 or so to go :)
  • ChrisC2013
    ChrisC2013 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Add me too!! I'm only down 2.2 pounds and have a least 98 more to go.
  • Jazzberry91
    Jazzberry91 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    you can do it!!
  • FittingIntoTheseGenes
    Options
    I need to do the same. Would love to support each other and get it done!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    It's great to set goals, but remember that weight loss is not linear. That means it isn't steady, doesn't go in a straight line, and slows down as you progress. You prob will lose more the first 3 months than the last 3. I suggest:
    1-30 lbs - 4 months @ 2 lbs per week
    30-60 lbs - 6-8 months more @ 1.5-1 lb per week. You would be down 60 lbs one year from now, 2/3 to your ultimate goal!
    60-90 lbs -another 8-10 months @ 1-0.5 lb per week
    That's 18 to 22 months total. More realistic and a healthy pace. If you lose too fast you will lose too much muscle which you don't want. Be consistent and patient and you will get there.
    Begin strength training now so you will keep as much muscle as possible and look better when you get to goal.