212 pounds lost, how are you doing it?

Options
Just wanting to see what plans people are on.

Mine is a lot of plans in one: Weight Watchers, Working Out, F-Factor Diet and South Beach!
(Really just cut out processed foods and move a little more!)

How about you!

theantijared.blogspot.com

Replies

• theantijared
    Options
    Just wanting to see what plans people are on.

Mine is a lot of plans in one: Weight Watchers, Working Out, F-Factor Diet and South Beach!
    (Really just cut out processed foods and move a little more!)

How about you!

theantijared.blogspot.com
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    *Clean eating
    *plenty of water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    *5-6 mini meals a day carb/protein combo's
    *Workout 5-6 days a week cardio, strenth training, Mind and Body classes, other assorted classes
    *Clean Eating pretty much sums it up for me, natural food as much as possible, I try to stay away from the fake sugars etc.
    *Not on any diets just plan healthy meals for myself, seems to work well plus hangin out on MFP is definitely motivating too!!:wink::tongue:
    *Oh tracking my meals and excercise on here helps LOTS!
    *Keeping a positive mindset of success

Hm...probably missing something....I'm sure it'll come to me later.:flowerforyou:

FC:heart:
  • Starrotts
    Starrotts Posts: 164
    Options
    :flowerforyou: im just counting calories and working out of course ...7 pounds lost.how long has it taken u to accomplish this amazing thing..........i have 14 more to go....and of course real food nothing fake ....i substitute honey if i need to add something sweet at least its natural and i dont eat a lot of it........:blushing: Starrotts
  • lucmclaren381
    Options
    LOL sounds like me im kinda weight watchers, slimfast, spcial k, better carbs and excercise lol. Im doin ok lol! :drinker:
  • Biggestloserfan
    Options
    I have been basically working out 6 - 7 days a week with cardio and eating healthier. I count my calories and try to stay away from processed foods and just stick to organic or natural foods (around the perimeter) of the grocery store. I do allow myself some indulgences every once in awhile but I have to earn them with exercise and do not have what people call free days. I just stick to my plan as best as I can and always know that it is one step back two steps forwards so I just try to keep moving forward and it has been working thus far.
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    Counting calories and portion control!!! I have tried every other diet and I realized..for me, the minute i "cut" anything out, I am doomed to fail!!! So this is the first time I am actually just eating smaller portions and monitoring my caloric intake each day. Along with making choices to eat healthier snacks and food as well of course!!! I have lost 10 lbs so far doing that alone with very minimum exercise.
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people 'count calories' do you also count fat, sugar, etc? How important is it to keep track of those?
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    the basic formula. calories in calories out. AND lots of mind games with yourself, seems i am always changing things around to fit into my life. life seems to always get in the way. but, we learn to deal with it and it makes us stronger in another event that will be around the corner.
    i track carbs and calories. carbs first for me because i am diabetic. exercise is a added value to your weight loss. 5-6 days for me, cardio every time, strength everyother time.
    good luck on your road ahead.
  • sumavv
    sumavv Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    fitness chick: since I am counting calories I don't feel like eating as much so I know I am defin going under 1200 calories..what is an example of 5-6 small meals I can eat..I'm afraid to eat for fear of gaining anymore..hope to hear from u soon:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I see a lot of people 'count calories' do you also count fat, sugar, etc? How important is it to keep track of those?
    Definitely a good idea to keep track of everything put in your mouth, liquids included except water of course. But you can add that to the water glass on your food diary too:flowerforyou:

Fruits, veggies, other carbs, proteins, fats, it all needs to be added so you know how much your body is taking in each day and how much you need to add in to complete your MFP cal requirement for good health:drinker: :happy:

FC:heart:Sunsmiling.gif
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    fitness chick: since I am counting calories I don't feel like eating as much so I know I am defin going under 1200 calories..what is an example of 5-6 small meals I can eat..I'm afraid to eat for fear of gaining anymore..hope to hear from u soon:flowerforyou:
    Hi, just only now saw your post..sorry:blushing:

Well first off there are many great posts to read on why eating your excersice cals or at least a portion of them back is so important. It's really vital that you keep above 1200 cals or more than likely you won't lose weight, your body will hang onto the cals thinking it might not get more food...it's sorta like a safety mechanism our body uses to ensure we get enough to sustain our body.

Well a good way to figure out your meals is go by what MFP gives you as a cal guideline and try as hard as you can to lose that fear of gaining weight, it might happend the first week or two as your body adjusts itself to changes. But keeping on your MFP cals and then adding back some excercise cals will keep your body healthy and happy and your brain will function better because of it as well!:happy:

What I do is break down my cals per day into 5-6 min meals. I make sure I get some good healthy proteins and carbs for my 1st meal/breakfast, this is so important to begin the day as our bodies have been without food for quite sometime so we need to replentish ourselves.

Each meal for myself is gonna be about 200-300 cals per mini meal...I figure that out by how many cals I have to fit in for the entire day. Make sense?

So let say you go with B, L, & then Dinner and add healthy snacks between so you are feeding your body about every 2-3 hours.

This will keep your blood sugars leveled out so your energy and metabolism is boosted throughout the entire day. Save some cals for an evening snack if that's why you enjoy.

Hope some of this has helped you lose a bit of fear....no need to worry about gaining if you are staying within MFP cals and not eating to little. Eating to little can be just as dangerous as eating way to much.

Please feel free to PM with any other questions or if I can help you out:flowerforyou: Sometimes I pop on a thread and may not get a change to come back to it if the thread disappears....so a PM will catch my attention.:drinker:

OH and along with eating enough cals comes drinking plenty of water each day...even more when you are working out, before during and after workouts water is essential to keep our bodies functioning in a healthy manner:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile:

Here's a great article to read to see the importance of getting in all your allotted cals:flowerforyou:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing?page=6#posts-392884

FC:heart:Sunsmiling.gif
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    The only thing I'm really doing differently is counting my calories. I exercise but not EVERYday, I choose healthy foods, but I also indugle in sweets and old favourites every now and then. Nope, for me it's all about the calories and I tell ya, it works! :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    The only thing I'm really doing differently is counting my calories. I exercise but not EVERYday, I choose healthy foods, but I also indugle in sweets and old favourites every now and then. Nope, for me it's all about the calories and I tell ya, it works! :flowerforyou:
    :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :drinker:
  • sumavv
    sumavv Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanx fitness chick for the advice sorry for not getting back to you earlier..
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Thanx fitness chick for the advice sorry for not getting back to you earlier..
    :flowerforyou: oh no worries:happy:
    You're welcome!
    FC:heart: