Has anyone had a tummy tuck after weight loss?

Options

Replies

• tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am planning on a mommy makeover when I make goal.
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    the recovery is pretty rough stuff... I hear. I have only lost 35 pounds and have the sagging tummy... a drag to either be obese or lose and have sagging skin.. but I guess best to be at a healthier weight over all.
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I would definitely consider a tummy tuck and also lifting these boobs if I end up with a lot of loose skin or sagging. I've been pretty lucky so far not to have any. But it's for sure something I worry about and would do this if I felt it necessary. My main motivation for losing weight is I want to feel good about myself and I think a lot of excess skin would take away from that for me.
  • marelthu
    marelthu Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have a loose belly after weight loss but I'm more worried about the skin on my neck. After 19 pounds lost I already look like a turkey.
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Um, yeah... the Turkey thing. But give it some time. After 55 pounds, I don't look any more like a turkey than I did after the first 20 - so it must be doing some self correcting.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Definitely thinking of it. But going to wait at least one more year.
    I lost my weight pretty slowly- it took three years. The loose skin really showed up with the last 40 pounds gone.
    Not only the stomach area, but my chest...oh jeeze, lol! Oh, and the ever so lovely 'bat wings'.
    But no matter what, I LOVE how I feel being fit and healthy. Thank goodness for push up bras and spandex.

On a serious note...I've read that a tummy tuck is one of the most painful surgeries to recover from, but that it also produces the most satisfied patients.

A pal of mine who has lost 150+ pounds is going to Mexico City next year for a 'Mommy Makeover'. A very reputable clinic. Anyways, for $10,000 she'll get the loose tummy skin removed, breast lifts + implants, and both upper arms done. Perhaps I'll see how her experience works out and then consider that.

Smart idea to start saving the $ now. Great incentive.
  • haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about the cost. I know it's different depending on where you live, but does anyone know or have a sense of the expense?

For full tummy tuck, breast lift and augmentation (with silicone), the cost was $12,250. If I'd chosen saline implants, it would have been $1000 cheaper. I live in the midwest.
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    haviegirl wrote: »
    I'm curious about the cost. I know it's different depending on where you live, but does anyone know or have a sense of the expense?

For full tummy tuck, breast lift and augmentation (with silicone), the cost was $12,250. If I'd chosen saline implants, it would have been $1000 cheaper. I live in the midwest.

Where in the Midwest? I live in Nebraska.
  • MyLovesMyLife
    Options
    I had a tummy tuck. Best decision ever. I have pics of before and after but I am not gonna post em on here. Mine was $7,000 (my surgeon is in Osage Beach, MO). As for recovery, super easy, no issues at all. I have had 5 c-sections so that could be why. I went dancing just 10 days after my tummy tuck. The only part that sucked was getting the drainage tubes out. Other than that brief time of pain everything was completely manageable. If anyone wants to see pics feel free to message me.

Do you have just the 5 kiddos assuming singletons? Sometimes I think I'm going to need a tuck after 7 babies.
  • haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    haviegirl wrote: »

Where in the Midwest? I live in Nebraska.

Omaha. Message me if you want to.

• itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I had a tummy tuck. Best decision ever. I have pics of before and after but I am not gonna post em on here. Mine was $7,000 (my surgeon is in Osage Beach, MO). As for recovery, super easy, no issues at all. I have had 5 c-sections so that could be why. I went dancing just 10 days after my tummy tuck. The only part that sucked was getting the drainage tubes out. Other than that brief time of pain everything was completely manageable. If anyone wants to see pics feel free to message me.

Do you have just the 5 kiddos assuming singletons? Sometimes I think I'm going to need a tuck after 7 babies.

Yep I had 5 big butt boys lol. Plus I just kept getting bigger with each pregnancy.

• MyLovesMyLife
    Options

Yep I had 5 big butt boys lol. Plus I just kept getting bigger with each pregnancy.

Lol. Ditto. I gained -100 lbs with my first and never lost more than 70lbs but then gained once pregnant
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Exactly. I went from a good 175 to a good 301 then 276 and holding for a couple years. Ouch!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!