MOST accurate scale---1. 2. 3. Go! (please :))

Options
2»

Replies

• ErikaSwenson
    ErikaSwenson Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    my wife bought us the biggest loser scale and it's pretty accurate.

I have the same one and its great!!

What model/type of Biggest Loser scale?
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Health-o-Meter at Walmart. It measures body fat, water weight, bone mass, and weight.
    I really like it..got it at Walmart for 35.00.
  • oyvonnee
    oyvonnee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Bathroom-Technology/dp/B001KXZ808/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311175966&sr=8-1

Awesome scale, awesome company. Very consistent, easy to read, and accurate. 0.2 lbs different from my doctor's office.

Thanks LadyGloria for the recommendation - I'm an Amazon fan and this has great reviews. I will be buying this one.
  • gcooper7
    gcooper7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i'm not quite sure of the model type. I don't see it anywhere on the scale. all i Know it it's the biggest loser scale. it has a glass looking piece that you stand on and it's matched up to the doctors. i'm pretty sure whatever model you get you can't go wrong if it's biggest loser.
  • jolbrys2012
    Options
    how many of you test your scale by stepping on and back off and then back on? I have gone through 3 scales because when I do this its any where from 1-3 pounds different....its driving me crazy!! I need a scale that does not change the minute I step off and back on...
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think most digital scales in the $20-30 range are going to perfectly acceptable and fairly accurate.

Some things to keep in mind:

Don't move the scale around a lot. Find a place where you can put it and leave it there. Weighing in different areas means that the floor may be slightly slanted or something and your readings might not be as consistent.

Never use a scale on carpet.

Watch the placement of your feet on your scale and try to make sure they are in the same position each time you weigh in. We had a scale at work that would vary by as much as 20 pounds depending on where I stood on the scale! I chose my current scale (a $30 Taylor digital model from Walmart) because the surface size was larger (about 14") because I have big feet and they fit easily and it's easier to get consistent results.

Try to stand up straight and look forward while you weigh. Leaning over to see the number can cause fluctuations. My scale beeps when the weight is locked in so I don't have to look down while it's weighing.

If you can, find one that it's easy to calibrate. My current one, you tap it to turn it on then let it stay registered at 0 until it turns off and it's calibrated. When I have noticed that it seems off, I usually do this and it goes right back to seeming normal.