best peanut butter?

Options
I don't think pb2 is going to work for me. Which peanut butter do you all enjoy? Thanks!!!

Replies

• DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Jif natural for sure.
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    not PB but I love Trader Joes Almond Butter with Sea Salt
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Personally, as a lifelong Jif eater, the Jif Natural Low Sodium is amazing!!!! Tastes so much like the "real" stuff I can't tell the difference!!!!
  • deenanna
    deenanna Posts: 39
    Options
    Natural chunky (yummy) Peanut butter!
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the chocolate pb2? Also, I use a little less water in mine than the jar calls for. But....Jif natural is realllllllly good. :smile:
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Agreed with kappyblu. Chocolate pb2 is so much better, but still nowhere near as good as real peanut butter. :) I absolutely love publix's reduced fat peanut butter... Which I'm guessing is probably the same as Jif's reduced fat peanut butter. I won't eat any other kind -- it's just not the same.
  • TooFitToQuit
    Options
    I LOVE Better'n Peanut Butter
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Naturally More. Love the stuff.
  • Lexino
    Lexino Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My fav is reduced fat JIF for sure!
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    I love Trader Joes Sunflower butter. It tastes better than peanut butter in my opinion!
  • jetbutterfly
    Options
    NUTELLA!
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe almond butter with roasted flaxseeds.
  • 4KidFather
    4KidFather Posts: 134
    Options
    Stick to pure ones.
    Smuckers natural is peanuts AND salt.
    Most other brands a nd recipes are PB "products" with sugar and veg oil junk.
    Other true nut and seed butters add great variety too.
    We go through POUNDS of the stuff each week :)
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I like Teddie all Natural and Organic (I choose salted, but there are unsalted versions). I LOVE my peanut butter and no one can take it away from me haha. But I did realize that if I am going to continue to eat it, I really need to switch to the natural kind to reduce sugar intake.
  • YvonneMin
    YvonneMin Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks all! I would kill to have a Trader Joes in Denver. We are getting an IKEA in one week so maybe ther is hope.

Should I check out a health food store for some of these options? I didn't see half these at the local grocery store today so I went with Adams low sodium.
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Please, please, please, for the love of God! stick to peanut butter with just 1 ingredient! Peanuts!! If you simply can't find or afford that, then buy which ever has the tiny tiny tiniest amount of other stuff added to it!
    Personally we buy ours from the grinding machine at HEB. It grinds it right then and there and you buy what you want. Make sure you buy the one that is just unsalted dry roasted nuts. The others have salt, oil and/or sugar added to them.
    Another great option is almond butter! But again, 1 ingredient, almonds!!

Sorry, but I have had this discussion way to many times w/ friends and family in the last month :P
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    Krema. Yum! Or homemade cashew or almond butter.
  • margieward82
    Options
    NUTELLA!

Have you ever looked at the ingredients in nutella???? Don't get me wrong, I love the stuff and it's delish! But you might as well eat a candy bar. The very first ingredient is sugar! the second is palm oil! If we are looking to get healthy then this stuff should not be part of it. 21 grams of sugar! In just 1 serving!
  • margieward82
    Options
    My fav is reduced fat JIF for sure!

Again have to echo what another poster said, that stuff is full of other bad for you stuff! You are much better off to eat the regular stuff and not put the other man-made artificial fillers in your body. I used to buy this stuff until my hubby opened my eyes and I read the ingredients.... I will never go back!
  • Marjorielk
    Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Kraft crunchy for me