New Looking for people with similar goals

Options
Hey I joined last week and I wanted to introduce myself. I have gained a lot more wait then I would like to admit since having my son three years ago. I have struggled with my wait my whole life but this is the most I have ever weighed.
When I got pregnant with my son I was actually in quite good shape. I gained about 27lbs while pregnant with him and my thyroid stopped working again. I unfortunately suffer from hypothyroidism, which makes it hard for me to lose wait and I gain weight really easy.
I would like to lose about 50lbs, I don't have a goal date for that 50lbs but I do know,this summer I'd like to be comfortable standing next to my super fit boyfriend.

I walk alot, but I started rebounding on the trampoline someone gave my son (it's actually a rebounding trampoline). It's easy but I can definitely feel the the burn.
So far this app has really helped with my bad eating habits, like not eating all day then over indulging in food.
Would really enjoy finding a fitness/ accountability buddy.

Replies

• arahman26
    arahman26 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    I gained a lot of weight too in both my pregnacy with my boys. I gained 80lbs. with my first and 70 lbs with my second. While between pregnaces i bounced back and lost all my pregnacy weight plus some, this time has been much different, with my second i am stuggling. . . Hard. I had more time to exercise with my first but now with 2 i'm finding it very difficult. I too am looking for some buddies to hold me accountable and also would like to find someone thats on the same journey as i am and knows the struggles.
  • robotxkassie
    robotxkassie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    While I can't relate to the weight gain from pregnancy, I suffer from the beggining stages of hypothyroidism. I put on 30lbs and it has been so tough to drop it, whereas a few years back I dropped weight so quick. It's affected me both mentally and physically. I still struggling to find what works best for me and my body. Feel free to add me if you like : )
  • MC2719
    MC2719 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm new here and trying once again to get back on track. I'd love to lose 30lbs by summer and could use some friendly motivation
  • misaq611
    misaq611 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    strshllw84 wrote: »
    Hey I joined last week and I wanted to introduce myself. I have gained a lot more wait then I would like to admit since having my son three years ago. I have struggled with my wait my whole life but this is the most I have ever weighed.
    When I got pregnant with my son I was actually in quite good shape. I gained about 27lbs while pregnant with him and my thyroid stopped working again. I unfortunately suffer from hypothyroidism, which makes it hard for me to lose wait and I gain weight really easy.
    I would like to lose about 50lbs, I don't have a goal date for that 50lbs but I do know,this summer I'd like to be comfortable standing next to my super fit boyfriend.

I walk alot, but I started rebounding on the trampoline someone gave my son (it's actually a rebounding trampoline). It's easy but I can definitely feel the the burn.
    So far this app has really helped with my bad eating habits, like not eating all day then over indulging in food.
    Would really enjoy finding a fitness/ accountability buddy.

Hello;
    I think from some aspects, the thyroid, we share the same problem; I lost 25kg last year, but I gained 10kg with being indifferent about my diet; I think I can be both supportive and helpful to you!
  • misaq611
    misaq611 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    arahman26 wrote: »
    Hi there
    I gained a lot of weight too in both my pregnacy with my boys. I gained 80lbs. with my first and 70 lbs with my second. While between pregnaces i bounced back and lost all my pregnacy weight plus some, this time has been much different, with my second i am stuggling. . . Hard. I had more time to exercise with my first but now with 2 i'm finding it very difficult. I too am looking for some buddies to hold me accountable and also would like to find someone thats on the same journey as i am and knows the struggles.

Maybe your body is immuned to Wright loss; there is some methods to skip the problem mentioned above
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I've been sans thyroid since 2000. I put on 70 over 14 years transitioning from a high active op tempo in the military to a cushy civilian life. When I found MFP 2 years ago I lost 60 lbs just tracking my intake and working out again.

Dramatic changes to your thyroid can cause initial weight gain of ~10 lbs due to increased cellular absorption (water weight), but otherwise it doesn't impact weight that much - only ~5% to your BMR/REE. Don't make this more than it is. Make sure you are taking your prescribed medication and checking in regularly with your endocrinologist.
  • strshllw84
    strshllw84 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    I've been sans thyroid since 2000. I put on 70 over 14 years transitioning from a high active op tempo in the military to a cushy civilian life. When I found MFP 2 years ago I lost 60 lbs just tracking my intake and working out again.

Dramatic changes to your thyroid can cause initial weight gain of ~10 lbs due to increased cellular absorption (water weight), but otherwise it doesn't impact weight that much - only ~5% to your BMR/REE. Don't make this more than it is. Make sure you are taking your prescribed medication and checking in regularly with your endocrinologist.

Welp, I don't have an endocrinologist, but I know taking the medication is important, I also know I can control my numbers with diet and exercise, which I have proved in the past while I was not taking the medication and my numbers were perfect. And yes hypothyroidism effects many things and I highly doubt the 10lb statement. When I was first diagnosed I had a huge weight gain and a bald spot behind my ear and was also infertile and was told without it being treated I would not be able to concieve children. The thyroid effects your body in a major way and trust me I don't blame my weight gain solely on my hypothyroidism. Never claimed I did, but it has proved to make things more difficult.
  • Twistedsgrl
    Twistedsgrl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was doing really good at losing weight at one point. Fell off the wagon and gained weight! I am looking for some accountability partners
  • MotivatedPhysique
    MotivatedPhysique Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello, being in the Army, I often have bad eating habits as well, so I understand how the app is helping with that. By all means add me, I need the same support as well.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options

Welp, I don't have an endocrinologist, but I know taking the medication is important, I also know I can control my numbers with diet and exercise, which I have proved in the past while I was not taking the medication and my numbers were perfect. And yes hypothyroidism effects many things and I highly doubt the 10lb statement. When I was first diagnosed I had a huge weight gain and a bald spot behind my ear and was also infertile and was told without it being treated I would not be able to concieve children. The thyroid effects your body in a major way and trust me I don't blame my weight gain solely on my hypothyroidism. Never claimed I did, but it has proved to make things more difficult.

Who is treating you if not an endocrinologist? This is a very specialized issue and inappropriate for a general practitioner to manage. There are a lot of charlatans out there marketing woo such as the Thyroid Diet - steer clear of these types.

You cannot manage TSH, fT3, fT4, rT3 with diet or exercise - only medication can do that.

My comment is in relation to weight management and yes - that is the data that has been clinically confirmed.

There are a number of people on here with hypothyroidism who have all been successful in managing their weight. Welcome aboard!
  • riceflourde
    riceflourde Posts: 58 Member
    Options

That is a ridiculous statement many people blow up after having a thyroidectomy or RAI. You can go into a coma from not enough thyroid hormone and you are saying it doesn't impact weight "that" much?

• strshllw84
    strshllw84 Posts: 256 Member
    Options

Who is treating you if not an endocrinologist? This is a very specialized issue and inappropriate for a general practitioner to manage. There are a lot of charlatans out there marketing woo such as the Thyroid Diet - steer clear of these types.

You cannot manage TSH, fT3, fT4, rT3 with diet or exercise - only medication can do that.

My comment is in relation to weight management and yes - that is the data that has been clinically confirmed.

There are a number of people on here with hypothyroidism who have all been successful in managing their weight. Welcome aboard!

Where did you get your medical degree? You seem to be all knowing about everything thyroid.
  • bethb09bb
    bethb09bb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Just downloaded today and still learning.
    I am in a similar boat. Just had my second baby and trying to lose my baby belly. I have horrible eating habits and a very picky husband so anytime I have previously tried to get healthier I failed. I am an emotional junk food eater and like you, looking for accountability. Also starting a new workout once it gets delivered. So let's hope I make myself do it everyday!