Grams of sugar per day?

Options
2»

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I get a quite high amount of sugar most days in summer due to fruit, plus i also eat/drink a fair bit of dairy.
    My sugar consumption goes way down in winter, when i swap the fruit for veggies
    . I really do hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the butt in the future..
  • BabyBearFrigon
    BabyBearFrigon Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I haven't read through this entire feed, so someone may have said this already. I'd focus on getting the right macros down (Fat, Carbs, and Protein) and then your calories will fall into place, along with other things. All whole foods are made up od those components, and so if you're eating mindfully and properly from a nutritional point of view, you'll be fine. I saw that someone mentioned the sugar in an apple, it's not the natural sugar in an apple you concern yourself with, it's its high content of cards that you should keep your eye on. Honestly, the world of macros can be quite scientific, but nothing a little research can't solve or having a consult with a diet and exercise Nutritionist. Mainly, I wouldn't be concerned with sugar itself. Also, keep in mind, MFT will VERY general population based. It's not really specific TO YOU. It's generalized.
  • AZIZAELLAZIZA
    AZIZAELLAZIZA Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I avoid it like the plague, it is like crack to me. The only sugar I have now is what is naturally in the vegetables, so I probably have 10 -15 grams for the entire day. It is keeping the craving monster at bay.
  • Rosyone
    Rosyone Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The sugar in my diet comes from a couple of servings of fresh fruit, along with what's naturally in the vegetables I eat. It's amazing how satisfying the fruit is when you're not overwhelming your taste buds by eating snickers bars and circus peanuts too. I'm on low carbs for now, less than 60 grams a day usually, but I'm doing it by avoiding starchy foods, not natural sugar.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I'm another who keeps sugar under 10g per day. I keep carbs low too because it converts to glucose (a sugar) in the body.
  • midpath
    midpath Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I shoot for less than 24 grams a day unless it all came from fruit and vegetables.

I do no added sugar though and i dont eat grain. So its a lot easier to stay under
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    BTW, I wanted to add, I do abut 120-150g of sugar per day.