Fat burner

Options

Replies

• inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Are you in Canada? Try ephedrine and caffeine combo. It won't burn fat but it will curb your appetite
  • dawn_westbury
    dawn_westbury Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried any but I understand your frustration with the feed here!
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I don't see what's frustrating about being told that something doesn't work. Wouldn't you rather know not to waste your money?

No, they want to be told how wonderful the maitais and sunsets are going to be at Phoenix Beach.
  • dawn_westbury
    dawn_westbury Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Because she sees all these posts to her feed and assumes someone is answering her question but instead it's just everyone saying no no no... she didn't ask if she should try them, she asked if anyone uses them and IF SO do they work etc.. I get you're trying save her money but it IS irritating to read posts that don't answer you're original question.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Because she sees all these posts to her feed and assumes someone is answering her question but instead it's just everyone saying no no no... she didn't ask if she should try them, she asked if anyone uses them and IF SO do they work etc.. I get you're trying save her money but it IS irritating to read posts that don't answer you're original question.

You are assuming that the people on MFP have not tried them. What difference does it make whether one has or has not? Common sense says that fat burners do not work. Read the directions on the fat burner boxes. They all say they must be used with diet and exercise.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Here you go.
    AnvilHead wrote: »

The answer to the original question is that they don't work and are a complete waste of money.
    neviwill23 wrote: »
    @johnwelk your just fussing. You didn't contribute to the conversation at all. Reading your comments were a waste of my time. I'll delete this post and hopefully you stay off my post with your wasteful comments

People here want to see you succeed. But if you don't want to hear about "there is no magic pill," go ahead and act like you didn't learn anything here and have the thread deleted. Hopefully you figure it out on your own without blowing too much hard-earned cash on placebo/caffeine pills.
    WendyB1211 wrote: »
    I use Garcinia Cambogia. It supports appetite control and promotes body fat reduction. It helped me to lose 23 pounds when combined with diet and exercise. I gained 10 pounds back recently (too much over indulging) so I have been taking it religiously every day before each meal for the last 2 weeks. I can definitely see a difference, but I won't be able to weigh myself for another 2-weeks (one of the rules associated with the whole30 diet).

nope,it doesnt help with body fat a calorie deficit is what helps
    It's not about "like" or "don't like." They. Don't. Work. Period.
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Does anyone here use fat burner supplements? If so, which ones do you use? Prices? Is working?

Why would you want a fat burner supplement? The only thing required to lose weight is a calorie deficit.

Take your pick of fat burner supplements- any will work as long as you eat at a calorie deficit, but none will work if you don't eat at a calorie deficit.

They are a waste of money.
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    Stating that you are better off not spending your money on an ineffective or dangerous product is a contribution.

It's like asking which Arizona beachfront property timeshare is the best value and then complaining when people point out that Arizona is not on the ocean.
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    Anything that's legal doesn't work...and the illegal ones can kill you.

Save your money.

~Lyssa
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    If they worked, none of us would be here, dear.
    I use Garcinia Cambogia. It supports appetite control and promotes body fat reduction. It helped me to lose 23 pounds when combined with diet and exercise. I gained 10 pounds back recently (too much over indulging) so I have been taking it religiously every day before each meal for the last 2 weeks. I can definitely see a difference, but I won't be able to weigh myself for another 2-weeks (one of the rules associated with the whole30 diet).

Actually, you'd have the same results with just the diet and exercise.

Sorry for what I've left out. It's a pain on mobile.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    How does it promote it? There's nothing in it ingredient wise that causes lipolysis.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    So your saying fat burners don't help at all! How do you know? Did you try them

Because they have been proven ineffective. Most of them are just caffeine, which is a proven stimulant, but if you actually want to know the science behind this, look up the ingredients at www.examine.com . If fat buners were effective, more of us would be on them.
  • sharonandwyatt
    sharonandwyatt Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I haven't ever tried any but with that being said....each discussion board post has a header of what someone is seeking to find out about if you don't have an answer to give or aren't seeking any advice why bother looking at the post. We all know about calorie deficit but some people may be looking for a little extra help.