So have you given up anything?

Options
I am a ice cream addict and I have given it up until I reach a goal. Then I am allowed only a one double cone, but it has to still fit my plan. I was gonna give up stress and beer but, I need something!!!!

What did you give up?

Replies

• sarahazen
    sarahazen Posts: 34
    Options
    HFC and Partially hydrogentated oils...sounds dumb but that crap is in everything
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    I gave up sweets, drinks other than water, and french fries. Which was hard, but I don't really miss it anymore!
  • Claible
    Claible Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have given up Pop and almost all candy. I don't miss it as much as I thought I would and there is nothing good about either item so win win here.
  • jmassardo
    jmassardo Posts: 84
    Options
    I'm working on giving up soda. I used to drink a LOT of soda so I've been backing down the amount, hopefully down to none before too much longer....
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Nothing really. I eat anything I want as long as it fits in my goals. But let's see... I haven't had macaroni and cheese in about a year and a half because I never feel like spending any cals on it.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Honestly I didn't plan to give up anything but I've found I just feel better when I don't eat junk and especially sugar stuff (like ice cream). I think I've had ice cream twice in the last year and then I remember why I don't do it anymore :/

I never do food rewards for "goals" met though because I feel like it sets a bad precedent for myself. Food isn't the enemy, it's fuel!
  • Slayer66
    Slayer66 Posts: 265
    Options
    I went from 2 to 4 litres of coke classic a day to a average of a small glass or two a month sometimes less. So didn't totally stop but close =)
  • marcusisntfunny
    Options
    Oh man, this is gonna be a tough thing to chronicle.

I gave up:

Smoking
    Beer
    All fast food
    Regular pop
    Ice cream
    Candy bars
    Most red meat
    Hot dogs
    Processed food (Hot pockets, microwave meals)
    Chips
    Chocolate
    Cookies
    Ice cream
    Pudding
    Refined flour products (White bread)
    Refined peanut butter
    Jelly
    Syrup
    Rum
    Fried food
    Non-wheat pasta
    Mayonaise
    Ketchup
    Gyros
    Ribs

actually to be honest, I could go on for days, but I won't list every single thing here. It was tough at first, but after a while you get used to not putting garbage into your body. I used to LOVE my sugar, drinking 4-5 bottles of pop a day and downing a pint of ice cream in one sitting. Now, it's good wholesome food, and the changes in my body have cemented my mindset that I'll never go back again.

I think I miss Taco Bell the most lol
  • squishyjenn
    squishyjenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I've given up everything with more than 3 ingredients and I'm not eating anything I can't pronounce! That means no fast food, no soda, nothing!
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I gave up milk and real sugar in my coffee.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I'm working on giving up soda. I used to drink a LOT of soda so I've been backing down the amount, hopefully down to none before too much longer....

Oh, whoops. I guess I have really given up soda! I drink diet now instead. I've gotten so used to diet soda, that whenever I go out to a restaurant I always have to get somebody to take a sip and see if it's really diet or not. I just can't tell anymore. Coke Zero tastes like a diet soda to me though. Lol. How weird is that?
  • paradog
    paradog Posts: 378 Member
    Options

Here is a thought for you...soda drinkers are more prone to get kidney stones. After your first male birth you will quit drinking soda!
  • angelaclev
    angelaclev Posts: 95
    Options
    SALT!!!!!!! I use to salt EVERYTHING!!!! I would salt pizza, chips, hamburgers, gravy and biscuits from mcdonalds (wwhich already ahve a ton of sodium)! Now I gave it up and my blood pressure has went WAY down...
  • Slayer66
    Slayer66 Posts: 265
    Options

Here is a thought for you...soda drinkers are more prone to get kidney stones. After your first male birth you will quit drinking soda!

It is a pain I wish on no one !
  • 4KidFather
    4KidFather Posts: 134
    Options
    As a family we avoid sugar, flour, and industrial oils.
    Makes a shopping, cooking, very simple and enjoyable.
    Sugar is an addiction. People have a hard time just quitting it.
    And cheat/rewards days don't work. Every had a cheat cigarette, or cheat heroin?!?! Doesn't really help.
    Congratulations to all those looking to give up soda's
    TIP - get carbonated water (usually in the booze area) and put a spritz of some fruit in it. Kids LOVE it.
  • cubbieblue10
    cubbieblue10 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up any food completely, just really limited my intake so I stay within my calorie allowance. For example, instead of having a big bowl of full-fat ice cream, I'm having a Skinny Cow ice cream bar.

I have quit snacking at work, which helps a lot.
  • tiffwhit16
    tiffwhit16 Posts: 76
    Options
    I've given up sitting on my butt!! It was hard at first to find the motivation to get up and exercise...but, now that we've really made the change I find myself thinking of ways to get some more exercise in whenever I have down time. Today that motivation got me a clean house and some burned calories!!
  • Marjorielk
    Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    second and thirds !
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    I'm working really hard on quitting diet pepsi. Other than that I can't think of anything. Everything in moderation for me. Though some things are really really really rare (margaritas, chips, fast food).
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Everything wheat, dairy, corn, oats, and refined sugar.

When I can figure out why I'm having such strong salt cravings, potato chips will be next.