Macros advice

Options
Hi guys,

Hoping for some advice with my macros. I plan to start the Strong Curves programme this week. My current macros are pretty much an even ratio. My routine has consisted of a combination of HIIT sessions and compound exercises.

I'm 5'6, 133 lbs. My Salter scales measure me at 22% BF, although I'm aware they are probably way off.

Any advice regarding the macros I should be aiming for with this sort of programme would be appreciated. I'm not at all sure if I should continue working to lose fat or focus on building muscle 6vli2xv4fbwb.jpg

Replies

• Deadlifting_Away_Doritos
    Options
    Hi guys,

Hoping for some advice with my macros. I plan to start the Strong Curves programme this week. My current macros are pretty much an even ratio. My routine has consisted of a combination of HIIT sessions and compound exercises.

I'm 5'6, 133 lbs. My Salter scales measure me at 22% BF, although I'm aware they are probably way off.

Any advice regarding the macros I should be aiming for with this sort of programme would be appreciated. I'm not at all sure if I should continue working to lose fat or focus on building muscle 6vli2xv4fbwb.jpg

I have found great success in 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat. Eat about .8 to 1x bodyweight in protein grams.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Macros are mostly about goals and personal preference. I'd keep your protein intake up, as mentioned previously, but otherwise you can kinda do what you want. If you like a little more carbs and feel good/perform well with them, then bump up your carb macro a bit. If you'd rather eat more fats, then go for it.