How do you feel

Options
... How do you feel when you read the generic, wtg, good job, great job, comments? Does it bother you?

Do you wish people would be more sincere?

Replies

• Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think about it that much. What else are people going to say when you complete your food diary under goal for the day? "Ah I see you ate an apple today. That is quite a healthy choice!"
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    I think most people are being sincere. I know when I put any of those, I mean it. What else is there to say?
  • satch45
    satch45 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Not at all. Why should it bother me? At least they took the time to actually write something. I actually prefer a wtg over someone's "20 questions"... but then again I was never one to require a bunch of attention.
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm just thankful that they even noticed that I posted something.
  • kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Helps me
  • cjsgrimlin
    cjsgrimlin Posts: 246
    Options
    I'm just thankful that they even noticed that I posted something.

Yeah me too!!
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me too much anymore. I realize that some people have a ton of buddies and they probably don't have time to do it for everyone. I would prefer honest feedback and I am lucky to have a few buddies that really share how they feel. I try to say more the WTG etc, but I'm afraid I might offend someone if I critique them., so many times WTG and Woo Hoo works :smile:
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i have always just assumed the wtg, good jobs, awsomes, and looks good, were sincere
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I already tell you that "YOU ROCK"... what more can I do??? :-D
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think about it that much. What else are people going to say when you complete your food diary under goal for the day? "Ah I see you ate an apple today. That is quite a healthy choice!"

I totally agree.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I honestly feel like so many people on here are like robots and are programmed to say "wtg" about pretty much any and everything. I would personally rather people not say a darn thing than tell me I did a great job when I ate 2000 calories over my limit because I went to Carl's jr and had a double western bacon cheeseburger.
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I am always appreciate of what my MFP friends say, and I know that they sincerely mean what they say. So it's a nice feeling. I am fully prepared to go it alone, because I am a huge believer in the first person who needs to motivate me is me. And I have a mission that is mine and mine alone. But I have found it nice to have a few folks around who offer a kind word or some other supportive message here and there. I am sort of a loner, so I am not used to it, but it's quite nice.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Personally I think its great. It keeps me on track. If its offensive to you then maybe you should tell your friends that you need more feedback than just "WTG".
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    mine are sincere but I am basically a self-centered ***** :laugh: and not that good at patting people on the back. I do try to give them to everyone but it takes time and I like to read posts and log my own things first. Doesn't mean I don't care though.
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me a bit. At least they're trying to be supportive. I really don't need someone gushing over the fact that I completed my food diary for the day or worked out a bit. Some people might crave a bit more attention, but I'm fine with it.
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me a bit. At least they're trying to be supportive. I really don't need someone gushing over the fact that I completed my food diary for the day or worked out a bit. Some people might crave a bit more attention, but I'm fine with it.
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    i have always just assumed the wtg, good jobs, awsomes, and looks good, were sincere

Exactly at least they took time to say something. Gave some kind of acknowledgement.
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I think most people are being sincere. I know when I put any of those, I mean it. What else is there to say?

I agree with this. I see those comments as the verbal equivalent of a high-5. If your time wins the game and the captain is going around high-fiving everyone, do you feel like it's insincere just because he got to you last?
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I think I would rather someone say "wtf is wrong with you lately" when I do something out of the norm, than the ridiculous "wtg" comment that seems to come like clockwork
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I'm fine with it. it is encouraging when you get comments.
    Not really much else to say.
    And I'm sincere with the comments on calorie burns or others diary's.
    Sometimes I feel silly or at a loss for words but I don't want to write
    a novel in a comment either. =)