In need of more greens

Options
When it comes to vegtables, I am an extremely picky eater! I'm just not fond of them. However, I really want to start eating more veggies! Any tips or recipes that might help?

Replies

• dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    I sneak them in pasta sauce, soups, chilis, stir frys. I find it is easier to eat more servings if they are really part of your food and not on the side. Today I made a paella with squash, zucchini, peas, carrots and asparagus. Tomorrow miso soup with napa cabbage. Yesterday was black bean tacos (black beans lightly mashed with rotell).
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Easiest way for me to eat veg is frozen stir fry veg cooked in with a bit of teriyaki marinade.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
  • McSnoozle
    McSnoozle Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have become the salad queen at dinner time. My salads are the main course --- usually 4-5 cups of greens and then a variety of stuff added in. When I first started, I made sure to measure everything, create a recipe on MFP, which at least makes recording it easier. (Ten ingredients or more can make it a pain!). If you add in baked or grilled protein, or a hardboiled egg, go light on the dressing, you'll have a great meal.

I also take veggies for my snacks at work --- carrots, radishes, sliced peppers, jicama, grape tomatoes, etc. ---- for the same reason as you wrote --- knowing I have to work more into my days.

And prepared veggie soups are good, too!
  • andreaanguiano93
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'll be sure to use these tips.
  • evilbanks
    evilbanks Posts: 166
    Options
    When it comes to vegtables, I am an extremely picky eater! I'm just not fond of them. However, I really want to start eating more veggies! Any tips or recipes that might help?

Hey---I'm the same way. Here's my way around it:
    2-3 cups Spinach
    1-2 cups carrots
    1/2 banana
    handful blueberries
    bunch of ice
    6 oz Orange Juice
    Put it in the blender and make it into a shake. Sounds like a bad idea but I'm telling you, it tastes great. Give it a try...........