Fat burner

Options

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    neviwill23 wrote: »
    So your saying fat burners don't help at all! How do you know? Did you try them

Sometimes you can either figure things out logically or do research to find out what you don't know instead of having to actually try it.

For example, I don't need to have jumped off a cliff to know that wouldn't end well, either. ;)

And yes, fat burners are a hoax. At best they are a complete waste of money. At worst, they can do serious harm because they are marketed as supplements, and as such do not require meeting any quality standards as far as ingredients go. :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I haven't ever tried any but with that being said....each discussion board post has a header of what someone is seeking to find out about if you don't have an answer to give or aren't seeking any advice why bother looking at the post. We all know about calorie deficit but some people may be looking for a little extra help.

We have answers.....just not any that she is willing to hear.

Why post at all? Because someone peddling crap will come along to fleece her. Without people pointing out that there is no such thing as a "fat burner"......they will be free to sell, sell, sell.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I've tried several and all they really do is make me feel sick. Some gave me an initial energy boost, but then I crashed really hard in the afternoon and just wanted to go to sleep. Others made my stomach hurt so bad I didn't WANT to eat, which I could see being "effective" as an appetite suppressant but clearly, no one wants to walk around feeling like they're going to vomit at any given moment. Plainly, I spent unnecessary dollars on ineffective products that made me feel ill when a calorie deficit and exercise is what is REALLY working.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I haven't ever tried any but with that being said....each discussion board post has a header of what someone is seeking to find out about if you don't have an answer to give or aren't seeking any advice why bother looking at the post. We all know about calorie deficit but some people may be looking for a little extra help.

That "little extra help" DOESN'T EXIST IN "FAT BURNERS." That IS the answer.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    The only fat burner that works can cook your organs from the inside out in one bad dose and is illegal.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Some may "work" temporarily. BUT......
    1)Once you stop taking them and go back to your old ways you will be back to where you started. So it's either keep taking them long term (which I wouldn't, see #2) OR go searching for some other easy way.
    2) Many of these types of things carry serious health risks, death included as one of those risks.
    3) You may as well save that money and put it on a food scale and gym membership, maybe some workout clothes and shoes. Maybe a fitness tracker if your heart desires.

The fact is we didn't get to where we are by doing anything right, and unless a meaningful lifestyle change is implemented and committed to you will never see any permanent results no matter what pill, shake, herbal wrap, supplement, cleanse etc.. you use.
  • andrewq6100
    andrewq6100 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    cobra 6 by blackstone labs
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    WendyB1211 wrote: »
    I use Garcinia Cambogia. It supports appetite control and promotes body fat reduction. It helped me to lose 23 pounds when combined with diet and exercise. I gained 10 pounds back recently (too much over indulging) so I have been taking it religiously every day before each meal for the last 2 weeks. I can definitely see a difference, but I won't be able to weigh myself for another 2-weeks (one of the rules associated with the whole30 diet).

Actually, you'd have the same results with just the diet and exercise.

I actually agree with this, but not all people know how to control their appetite to stick with the diet. What do you suggest in that case?

• STLBADGIRL
    Options

Honestly, you do have everything that you need to lose weight and fat. It will just take commitment, discipline, and getting your mental state in order. It is sooooooooooooooooooo simple to lose weight, but it's not easy -- because it will take changing up some shyt that you may not be used to. I have tried fat burners before, and they seemed to have helped...but if I am honest with myself, they helped because the day I started taking them, I was focused and I tightened my diet and I went HAM in the gym. But, those are the things you need (anyway) to lose weight. If you take fat burners and still eat crazy and don't work out, you will not get results.

So honestly, check and tighten up your diet. Eat foods that leaves you satisfied longer to allow you to better handle your diet. I weigh my food, I take a multi vitamin. I prep my lunch and healthy snacks to stay on track. I weight train and have upped my cardio. You can do it without the fat burners, and achieve great results....

Remember, Commitment, discipline, mental readiness! Now gooooooooooo get'em
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    STLBADGIRL wrote: »
    I use Garcinia Cambogia. It supports appetite control and promotes body fat reduction. It helped me to lose 23 pounds when combined with diet and exercise. I gained 10 pounds back recently (too much over indulging) so I have been taking it religiously every day before each meal for the last 2 weeks. I can definitely see a difference, but I won't be able to weigh myself for another 2-weeks (one of the rules associated with the whole30 diet).

I actually agree with this, but not all people know how to control their appetite to stick with the diet. What do you suggest in that case?

Largely, you would probably have to play with food combinations to see what would satiate you. Often increase in fiber and protein would take care of that. You can also increase volume foods (low sugar fruits/veggies, egg whites) and play around with macros. Also, not starting off with an aggressive weight loss goal is something I always recommend and sometime, I will figure out where people maintain first and then cut calories.

It's why dieting is hard, because you have to workout what jives best with you.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

Largely, you would probably have to play with food combinations to see what would satiate you. Often increase in fiber and protein would take care of that. You can also increase volume foods (low sugar fruits/veggies, egg whites) and play around with macros. Also, not starting off with an aggressive weight loss goal is something I always recommend and sometime, I will figure out where people maintain first and then cut calories.

This is so awesome and I think this will help the poster and give her direction. Thanks for sharing.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

This is so awesome and I think this will help the poster and give her direction. Thanks for sharing.

No problem. I am glad you found it helpful.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Relying on an appetite suppressant is a crutch that doesn't teach a person how to actually find foods that satiate them. As @psuLemon said, the best approach is to play around with the foods a person eats until they find a balance between nutrition (macro and micro nutrients), satiety (filling), and enjoyment (helps with adherence). Going straight to a pill to help curb the appetite, is not a sustainable choice and does nothing for teaching long term healthy habits.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

It's just as easy to post here asking for that very advice as it is to post asking about fat burners. We are here to help! And I do hope the comments here help sway the original poster's mind in the right direction.
  • chica6578
    chica6578 Posts: 76 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    This is all natural so i had a jar opened and in about 3 weeks it went bad. so you know when store brand bread from the store lasts two-months months and this jar doesnt ever last that long, its gotta be better than all that processed-ness
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

So you don't read posts that may not apply to you? Simply out of interest or hopes you might learn something you didn't know?