Glad to be here

Options
Hello, everyone! My doctor recommended this sight to me. I am about 20 pounds overweight and today is day one of the diet/exercise program. I have one word to say...HUNGRY! Though, I am very sure the word SORE will be added to the list. You don't realize how much you put into your mouth until you have to count each calorie. It is good to have people who are going through it with you. Here is to fitting in the skinny jeans someday, Beth from Texas

Replies

• ACourage
    ACourage Posts: 13
    Options
    Welcome...this is a great site to learn new things and meet people for encouragement! We're all in this together and I have found some great resources here. Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I have 50 lbs to go and this site helps alot!
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Welcome Beth, and good luck on your journey! It is amazing to realize how much we actually eat when it's logged in! I have been on MFP since Jan. and have lost a little over 30 pounds so far. It's extremely motivating! One way to get into it - if you want - is to join up with a challenge. You don't actually win anything except better health :) and the people you meet on them are very motivating, usually. There are all different ones - go on community, and search challenges, and see what you find when you are comfortable with the site. Good luck!:wink: