I suck at this !

Options
marissa1108
marissa1108 Posts: 3 Member
edited March 2017 in Introduce Yourself
I need to lose about 50lbs I have been trying but I'm having a really tough time , I have absolutely no will power and it's frustrating! Anyone have any tips ?! It would be very much appreciated!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options
    One day at a time make better choices.

Log all your food. At the end of the day look at it, and think about why you are struggling. Whatever that reason is - work on it. Do that again tomorrow.

Weight loss is a process. It is a lot of one-step-forward-two-steps-back. Keep doing the best you can do and make improvements when you can, where you can.
  • cloverpup
    cloverpup Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So pick once a week to have a favorite food like a Saturday. Here is what I say. Let's say I want a brownie. "I know what brownie's taste like. It's not like I will never have another brownie. I can have a brownie on Satuday so I don't need it now." Then distract yourself so you will foget about it!!!
  • kayligh1
    kayligh1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i feel your pain! I actually went and saw a nutritionist(this past fri) because after 9 years of struggling i knew i couldnt do it myself. i have to log everything i eat for two weeks and just these past 3 days ive eated an excessive abount of sugar and carbs along w/ 2500 calories -_- you got this!
  • diwnl
    diwnl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Marissa1108... log everything you eat on MFP, I'm on the Keto (ketosis) diet and lost 30 lbs in 3 mons. If you eat less thank 30 grams of carbs a day you will lose weight and eat high fats. YouTube and i am on the ketoadapt group on Facebook. Good luck.
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    It really takes a moment for something to click inside you. I started and stopped so many times before something finally sunk in. Logging religiously definitely helped. Once that became a habit and I started seeing/feeling results, it became MUCH easier. It just takes time to really become mentally prepared sometimes.
  • marissa1108
    marissa1108 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    diwnl wrote: »
    Marissa1108... log everything you eat on MFP, I'm on the Keto (ketosis) diet and lost 30 lbs in 3 mons. If you eat less thank 30 grams of carbs a day you will lose weight and eat high fats. YouTube and i am on the ketoadapt group on Facebook. Good luck.

Wow 30lbs!! That's inspiring Congrats
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    diwnl wrote: »

You lost weight because you are in a deficit. Don't confuse her with the carb reduction stuff. OP , high carb, low carb, medium carb.. doesnt matter. It is whatever you can stick with.
  • Fizbi
    Fizbi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    We all suck at this, that's why we are here! :)

One step at a time...that's what I tell myself.
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Maybe you don't want to do it. When you really want something you WILL commit to it. It's as simple as that.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Find a calorie goal that is reasonable for your needs. For most it is 1 pound a week. Start preplanning your meals and days so you stay within your goal. Weigh your food and log everything you consume every day. Eventually this will become easier and more of a routine. There are no special diets, pills, powders, wafers, shakes or wraps. All you need to lose is a calorie deficit.