Anybody else on here getting married?

Options
I know we all have our reasons on why we are on here, for me one of my top reasons is that I am getting married in Summer of 2018! I am looking to lose 100+ pounds before then (currently 253)

Is anyone else on here in the same boat? If not, what are your reasons?

Feel free to add me! Good luck on your journeys! :)

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in 2018, spring or fall. We haven't decided much yet. But I would like to get down to my goal weight before then! I have about 30lbs to lose, so I will have plenty of time. It's just a matter of staying on track - slow and steady. :)
  • ugofatcat
    ugofatcat Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Got married last weekend :smile:
  • suzihbe
    suzihbe Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married the end of October! I bought my dress last June and then had a ton of life changes, so I am back on MFP and need to loose the 15 pounds I've gained since buying my dress! (And then some!) :o

In 2013 I weighed 208 pounds and was at 147 last March when I got engaged. I'm 161 today and would like to be closer to 140 this October!
  • 1991lexi
    1991lexi Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Getting married in July this year. Trying to lose an inch or two off my chest to fit into my dress (unfortunately that's the last place I lose it usually). The weight loss will continue after the wedding though. My goal is to hit my goal weight (and hopefully have a "normal" bmi by my birthday(sept)...even if that is the top end of normal)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    late summer/ early fall this year.

have my dress. if it needs to be taken in, i will. if not, it fits now, and i have no worries. Hes marrying ME, not a size tag ;)
  • breahremington1987
    breahremington1987 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started losing weight before getting engaged, but am getting married this August! I bought my dress in December and have lost 30 lbs since then, so luckily fitting into it shouldn't be a problem! My fiancé has been with me from 155 lbs to 230 lbs and everywhere in between, so I feel pretty comfortable with wherever I end up that day :) 180 as of now!
  • kyliewebb9117
    kyliewebb9117 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in august. Congrats ladies!!! My main goal areas are arms and legs. My tummy could use some work but it's not on the top of my list.
  • jessicalynch817
    jessicalynch817 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone!! My fiancé has been with me at my highest (263) and my lowest (175) he's loved me every step of the way!
  • xSJBx
    xSJBx Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone! I am getting married in June, feel free to add me!
  • Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I just got engaged and we haven't set a date yet, but feel free to add me!
  • jayjay_90
    jayjay_90 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good luck to all of you! I'm also getting married next year in June. Working on losing 10-15lb right now and then I'll reassses. Really wanna look my best on the big day and the honeymoon to follow since we'll be going somewhere down south :)
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Nope. My wife would be pissed if I were to try something like that.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married July 2022!
  • Prayforya
    Prayforya Posts: 68 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Planning a fall wedding, I wish there was a way to integrate MFP into my wedding planning program. lol I'm using OnlineWeddingPlan.com, they have a cool budget tool that shows how much you have left in the bank, I wish I could get an MPF scale right underneath it to keep me on track too lol
  • t_kess
    t_kess Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I'm getting married April of 2018 and would like to lose around 50 pounds. Have already lost 20! We can do this!!
  • joannamarshall
    joannamarshall Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in March. I want to lose 30lbs, I've lost 13lbs so far :)
    My friends are getting married in Cuba in August, so I would like to have reached my goal by the time I go with them. Then I just have to maintain it for a few more months.
  • Murdroc
    Murdroc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married end of 2018, and I want to lose 33-35 lbs to be able to just be healthier, but also look great in photos and during the honeymoon!

I'm only just starting this journey, so I'd love a support system/group!