How do you feel

Options

Replies

• alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I honestly feel like so many people on here are like robots and are programmed to say "wtg" about pretty much any and everything. I would personally rather people not say a darn thing than tell me I did a great job when I ate 2000 calories over my limit because I went to Carl's jr and had a double western bacon cheeseburger.

Do you do that everyday? I know most people have cheat days. Some do zigzag diet etc. The only time I get concerned is if someone who goes under 1200 calories a day quite often.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I think I would rather someone say "wtf is wrong with you lately" when I do something out of the norm, than the ridiculous "wtg" comment that seems to come like clockwork

I have an easy solution. Eliminate/block all your friends that give you "wtg" as a comment. Then you'll be left with only the friends that dont annoy you with their "ridiculous" comments. :)
  • Seanb_us
    Seanb_us Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    ... How do you feel when you read the generic, wtg, good job, great job, comments? Does it bother you?

Do you wish people would be more sincere?

What are you looking for? I don't know anybody here. I am just happy for them that they achieved something, are happy for themselves, or whatnot. No harm, all good. :-)
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I think I would rather someone say "wtf is wrong with you lately" when I do something out of the norm, than the ridiculous "wtg" comment that seems to come like clockwork

I have an easy solution. Eliminate/block all your friends that give you "wtg" as a comment. Then you'll be left with only the friends that dont annoy you with their "ridiculous" comments. :)

C'mon don't you have a higher IQ than that... I could just as easliy remove those people ;)
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me then. I will gladly call you on your ****.
  • IwillNvrgiveup
    Options
    I am glad that someone take the time to put anything. I don't know many people on this site and I am quite new to Fitness Pal so what I am not the least bit offended but instead happy that they took the time to put something.
  • MissFitness01
    Options
    I feel the same way, people can be so annoying
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, people can be so annoying

Feel free to post this on your real account. lol
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options

C'mon don't you have a higher IQ than that... I could just as easliy remove those people ;)

Then do it!! And stop whining about it!!
  • araymon1
    araymon1 Posts: 11
    Options
    Not to be rude but how can you say that people need to say "more" and "I wish they would not say a damn thing" in the same post strand? What is it that you want?
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    I appreciate that someone I don't really know took the time to look at my post and comment on it. It makes me feel like I was worth the 15 seconds. No harm in it at all.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I think it is sincere (when I say it, I know it is). Someone took the time out of their life to say thanks. It means a lot to me, and really helps me on this path. =)
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I think it's really nice to receive comments - I kinda feel obliged to write back though, especially to the ones who álways reply to every single newsfeed from me, and I don't always feel like doing that
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I see Angela has deactivated her account - that's a bit sad.

The wtgs ect dont bother me, they make me smile. As someone pointed out, it's a bit like a high-five, and I think it's sweet of people to take the time to comment.

Yes if there's something way off in my diary I MIGHT expect someone else to pick it up - but really, that bit's down to me.
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm......the OP has deactivated her account :huh:
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    When I post a 'fab', or 'great', or 'well done' etc., I genuinely mean it (I wouldn't bother posting otherwise), so I assume that when my friends here do the same for me, they mean it too. Why would I not be appreciative of that? How mean-spirited or cynical do you have to be to not appreciate that someone has taken the time to pay you some positive attention, and cares enough to encourage you?
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    Non genuine repetitive comments actually make me wanna delete ppl and I do sometimes, on the good side I usually just go into a corner and vomit....ESPECIALLY when that person has eaten badly or been waaaaaaay under cals and ppl still say they've done a good job...
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    When I post a 'fab', or 'great', or 'well done' etc., I genuinely mean it (I wouldn't bother posting otherwise), so I assume that when my friends here do the same for me, they mean it too. Why would I not be appreciative of that? How mean-spirited or cynical do you have to be to not appreciate that someone has taken the time to pay you some positive attention, and cares enough to encourage you?

I am cynical and I know it....but I love you xxxxxxxxxxx
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Put it this way, I've used similar online weight-loss tools before that didn't have this supportive community, never lost anything and gave up. All positive acknowledgement (and the odd bit of constructive criticism!) makes all the difference.
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    When I post encouragement, it is genuine. I'm not scrolling past my feed and saying WTG to everything. Likewise, if one of my friends gives me encouragement, whether it's WTG or GREAT JOB, i appreciate it because it means I know I'm on the right track. I didn't even know people felt offended by such a simple comment. Sometimes people don't have time to type out paragraphs of encouragement.