Lunch meal prepping ideas!

Options
jdevergillo7
jdevergillo7 Posts: 315 Member
edited March 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
48a1d19512gt.jpg
Share what you meal prepped this week :)

My lunch: Tuna with cucumber, tomato, onion, and lemon salad with a side of strawberries. Not pictured: Whole Foods horseradish beet hummus with carrots and pretzel thins.

Your turn!

Replies

• GettingFit5551
    GettingFit5551 Posts: 110 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Looks yummy! I made a salsa chicken casserole recipe that comes out to be 374 calories a serving. I portioned it out and put it in containers to take to work this week. It has chicken, rice, salsa, soup and cheese, onion layered and has been really filling for me.
  • jdevergillo7
    Options
    Looks yummy! I made a salsa chicken casserole recipe that comes out to be 374 calories a serving. I portioned it out and put it in containers to take to work this week. It has chicken, rice, salsa, soup and cheese, onion layered and has been really filling for me.

This sounds amazing! I may need to try this!
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I made a frittatta with 8 eggs, some broccoli, some asparagus and some mushrooms, oregano and time, and once done, divided it into 4 serves for my lunches this week. I dont mind eating the same thing each day. Next week I think will be chili or soup that I will make on the weekend, and portion out. Lots of my lunches are simply leftovers from the night before, as I make a full recipe to serve 6 or 8, even though there are only two of us at home now.
  • GettingFit5551
    GettingFit5551 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I like your frittata idea cross2bear!
  • jdevergillo7
    Options
    cross2bear wrote: »
    I made a frittatta with 8 eggs, some broccoli, some asparagus and some mushrooms, oregano and time, and once done, divided it into 4 serves for my lunches this week. I dont mind eating the same thing each day. Next week I think will be chili or soup that I will make on the weekend, and portion out. Lots of my lunches are simply leftovers from the night before, as I make a full recipe to serve 6 or 8, even though there are only two of us at home now.

Wow that sounds so light and yummy!!! What do you do for breakfast?
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    cross2bear wrote: »

Wow that sounds so light and yummy!!! What do you do for breakfast?

I am a not breakfaster! Two cups of coffee with sweetener and 5% cream is what I have in the mornings, my first meal is lunch.

(oh wow - I just noticed I spelled thyme wrong in my post - how embarrassing!)
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get into the habit of meal prepping on Sundays to portion out and eat during the week. Last Sunday I made kale & sausage soup, deviled eggs and a jalapeno popper chicken casserole. Yum!

I think this Sunday I will do a quiche, ham & apple flatbread and maybe another soup.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Veg soup & Hungry Girl Black Bean Burgers (omg- the burgers are SO good!!).
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    On Sunday we grilled steak, chicken and vegetables so we will eat on that for lunches this week.
    I've also portioned out carrots and different kinds of berries so I can just grab and go in the morning.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I usually have chicken thighs, 2 servings of cauliflower and 2 1/2servings of another vegetable.
  • andrewq6100
    andrewq6100 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    48a1d19512gt.jpg

My lunch: Tuna with cucumber, tomato, onion, and lemon salad with a side of strawberries. Not pictured: Whole Foods horseradish beet hummus with carrots and pretzel thins.

Your turn!

dang can you prep my food to hah!

Just basic ol 6 oz beef 5 oz broccoli 3 oz rice :(
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    48a1d19512gt.jpg

Your turn!

This looks yummy! Can you post the recipe to the salad? Is it just those ingredients chopped up and sprayed with lemon?
  • jdevergillo7
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    I'm trying to get into the habit of meal prepping on Sundays to portion out and eat during the week. Last Sunday I made kale & sausage soup, deviled eggs and a jalapeno popper chicken casserole. Yum!

I think this Sunday I will do a quiche, ham & apple flatbread and maybe another soup.

YUM can you post jalapeño popper chicken casserole?!
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options

I make a low-carb version, but it would be equally yummy with a layer of seasoned rice and some beans added in!

Ingredient amounts don't matter too much, you can make it to your own tastes and it will come out yummy every time. Here's what I do:

- Cook skinless chicken breasts/thighs with salt and pepper until cooked-through. Remove and dice.
    - Slice jalapenos in half and deseed then roast in the oven until soft and just beginning to char. Remove and chop up.
    - Cook bacon, dice when crispy.
    - Combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, Frank's Buffalo Sauce and shredded cheddar in a bowl.
    - Fold in diced chicken, jalapenos and bacon.
    - Spread into casserole dish, sprinkle more cheddar cheese on top. Bake until cheese is melted.

You can make lots of substitutions and play with ingredient amounts to suit your tastes. As long as you have cooked chicken, jalapenos, bacon, and a thick creamy cheese sauce, you're good to go!
  • jdevergillo7
    Options

I make a low-carb version, but it would be equally yummy with a layer of seasoned rice and some beans added in!

Ingredient amounts don't matter too much, you can make it to your own tastes and it will come out yummy every time. Here's what I do:

- Cook skinless chicken breasts/thighs with salt and pepper until cooked-through. Remove and dice.
    - Slice jalapenos in half and deseed then roast in the oven until soft and just beginning to char. Remove and chop up.
    - Cook bacon, dice when crispy.
    - Combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, Frank's Buffalo Sauce and shredded cheddar in a bowl.
    - Fold in diced chicken, jalapenos and bacon.
    - Spread into casserole dish, sprinkle more cheddar cheese on top. Bake until cheese is melted.

You can make lots of substitutions and play with ingredient amounts to suit your tastes. As long as you have cooked chicken, jalapenos, bacon, and a thick creamy cheese sauce, you're good to go!

Wowwwww inneed to make this!!!!!! Thank you
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I made chicken in the Crock-Pot and added an entire jar of salsa then shredded it. We have chicken tacos or salads or fajitas this week with assorted veggies
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Everything I have is things I portion and freeze on the weekends so I can have variety. I just pull out what I want to eat from the freezer. This week was/is:
    Monday: Unstuffed cabbage roll soup
    Tuesday: Jalapeno popper soup
    Wed: White chicken chili (zucchini swapped for beans)
    Thurs: Chicken a la criolla w/yellow cauliflower rice
    Friday: In training, so provided by work
  • kelly1142
    kelly1142 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like to roast a bunch of different veggies - this week I did graffiti eggplant, broccoli, and brussel sprouts. I mix them up and portion them out into containers and topped with a Bilinski buffalo chicken sausage link and a sprinkle of feta. SUPER filling and good stats - mostly veggies!
  • jdevergillo7
    Options
    kelly1142 wrote: »
    I like to roast a bunch of different veggies - this week I did graffiti eggplant, broccoli, and brussel sprouts. I mix them up and portion them out into containers and topped with a Bilinski buffalo chicken sausage link and a sprinkle of feta. SUPER filling and good stats - mostly veggies!

Yummm sounds super good especially the Buffalo chicken sausage
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    It's all leftovers and salads here. I cook a couple of chicken breasts or turkey breasts every weekend and then I partially freeze and slice super thin. It goes on sandwiches, salads, wraps, quesadillas, etc. I make sure my salad stuff is all clean and if it can be pre chopped, I do so. I also hard boil a dozen eggs every weekend and eat those for breakfasts or lunches.

I can't stick with a menu plan for some reason, but as long as I have staples cooked and ready to be added to a dish I do pretty well.