What the *kitten*?!!

Options

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to have different animals for different words? It would be like visiting a zoo every day. <3

that kind of defeats the point though, then its just cursing in code....

How about randomizing it? I know I'm asking a lot from a from a simple program. A girl can dream...
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Is it possible to have different animals for different words? It would be like visiting a zoo every day. <3

How about randomizing it? I know I'm asking a lot from a from a simple program. A girl can dream...

I think an annual or semiannual change up might be all you can hope for, but who knows
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options

You mean from the same people who make posting photos in our news feed rocket science, and the same folks who won't put an edit feature on our news feeds so we can edit comments and status updates? The same people who will not allow the ability post a caption with photos in our profile photo album? The same who won't allow us to get in site notifications for activity in our news feeds? Yes indeed. Dream and dream some more!
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    *kitten* :/
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,730 Member
    Options
    Oh *kitten* @psuLemon you poor thing, there goes half the *kitten* fun!!!!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Just so all you know, I can still see the actual word.

Oh *kitten*
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Duchy82 wrote: »
    I believe it's what MFPthe moderators of the forum use to blank out swear words

FIFY.

Actually started as a joke, but after reading some things, it was funny and better than "***"; so we left it as kitten.

I figured as much,

Didn't guess too badly then ;) it makes for funny reading anyways
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    The truth is so much better than I expected. :)
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Just so all you know, I can still see the actual word.

hahahaha!
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    It's actually seeped into my real life, a little bit. I use it in place of actual curse words sometimes when the kids are around. It exasperates them, and I take great joy in exasperating the *kitten* out of them.
  • tgcake
    tgcake Posts: 59 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    The fun part is just accepting the *kitten* without figuring out what curse word got censored. Makes for fun reads.

I lost a *kitten* load of weight.

I really kicked *kitten* at the gym!

Paleo/low carb/IIFYM is a *kitten* type of diet.

Will squats make my *kitten* bigger?

I always assume it's *kitten*.
  • DarlajaneS
    DarlajaneS Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »

*platypus* yeah she can.

I used to actually talk to a friend of mine like this when we were in school lol. Everyone would look at us soo strange when I would say something like... "Oh you aardvark" and she would say "you're such an ant eater"
  • pennygm72
    pennygm72 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    crb426 wrote: »
    *kitten*

I've seen this pop up now in several threads and I have no idea where it came from or what exactly it means. I'm assuming it's a way to censor profanity, but is it a blanket for all swear words or specific ones? I guess I'm behind on this trend.

So glad you asked this question, I've been feeling very old thinking I'd missed some new text speak, even googled it with no joy!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I like when *kitten* makes the sentence sounds worse than the swear word. Like "I need someone to give me a good kick up the *kitten*".
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

You mean from the same people who make posting photos in our news feed rocket science, and the same folks who won't put an edit feature on our news feeds so we can edit comments and status updates? The same people who will not allow the ability post a caption with photos in our profile photo album? The same who won't allow us to get in site notifications for activity in our news feeds? Yes indeed. Dream and dream some more!

Yeah. :frowning: *kicks rocks in a sulking fashion*