My two biggest challenges.... What are yours?

Options
RickN9GSU
RickN9GSU Posts: 47 Member
Mine are increasing water and decreasing sodium. I'm curious what others might struggle with?

Replies

• PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Cutting back the sweets and fatty foods like pizza, cheeseburgers, fries
  • Laurahewlett26
    Laurahewlett26 Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Cutting back on sugars and sweets and drinking more water
  • rolenthegreat
    rolenthegreat Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Sugar, it's always refined sugar that takes me over my calorie limit. Gummy bears, chocolate, cookies, Nutella. I'm not terribly discerning when it comes to my sweet tooth.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Resisting the urge to eat: 1.) out of boredom while at home and 2.) out with coworkers while at work.
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Staying away from dessert. I love cake! Also trying to stay in calorie range eat healthy when outside the home
  • strshllw84
    strshllw84 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Increasing water intake and staying motivated to workout
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    It's not much of a struggle any more. Even when I was trying to stay low on sodium, once I learned how, it was easy. The biggest sadness was that I had to avoid soy sauce. Now that I've returned to consuming sodium with abandon, I haven't even cared to add soy sauce to anything. For water, I drink coffee all morning and water all afternoon and evening. Once I count 8 cups I quit caring for precision.

I even got out in the hallway this afternoon and did quick laps for 30 minutes. I just wanted to go fast. There was a woman out there doing laps and talking on her phone. For each 1.2 of her laps, I was getting 2.2.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Trusting the process and not wigging out with every scale fluctuation.

Mindless eating (but pre-logging has sorted this for me).
  • tgcake
    tgcake Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    1) Not eating when bored.
    2) Medication-induced eating.
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I am my own biggest challenge
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Not eating all the foods. Because I still eat any of the foods I want to.
  • olyamhc
    olyamhc Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Definitely cutting down on sweets (mainly chocolate and cakes) + not eating until I'm literally stuffed. It's always a rollercoaster for me as my moods (boredom, depression) can influence how I eat. Also fluctuations on the scale suck a lot.
  • LaauraLoses
    LaauraLoses Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Not eating food
  • hlmd2
    hlmd2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Reducing sodium, and sugar ... There is so much hidden in everything these days... If I can add a third, it would definitely be alcohol. I really need to reduce my drinking..
  • lasombrra
    lasombrra Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sugar I can keep low no problem, would love to hear about how to keep sodium down. That's a hurdle I've yet to conquer
  • kasey39
    kasey39 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Time, patience, money, staying away from salty chips...oh wait, only two? ;)
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    (1.) Batch cooking!
    (2.) Planned exercising!
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    TIME! I'm away from the house 13 hours daily and have little time for anything. So I cook tub of eggs, tub o oatmeal, tub of greens and bean soup, a meatloaf and a salmon loaf on the weekends for dinner and breakfast and eat off of the salad bar at work. I still manage to get 30 miles of walking in a week though. I don't understand the water challenge though. Just drink it with your meals, right?
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Staying under on sodium.