Who had success with IF??

Options
Let's see and hear about your results!

Replies

• Deadlifting_Away_Doritos
    Options
    It was helpful to me last summer. Once my schedule ch aged it wasn't quite right for me. Look at it as a lifestyle and not a diet. I burned fat and had more energy than normal. I plan on eating that way once summer starts.
  • leannehathaway1
    leannehathaway1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm only on day 3 of a 6/18 plan. So far it's been super easy to follow, but it's early so looking for other experiences
  • kenzienal
    kenzienal Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I lost 2lbs last week by skipping a few meals in the week. I thought this was really unhealthy to do, but I wasn't feeling terrible. Read up on IF on here, and may be starting to skip breakfast. So i'd be eating 12-8pm. Seems doable. I felt way less hungry oddly enough, I think it may help with my weight loss. 15lbs to go!
  • leannehathaway1
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I started last week, not eating until about 1pm and finishing eating around 7. I lost 5lbs over the week.. gained 2 back on the weekend when I didn't really follow it and had some wine and I am already back down 1 this week following it again. Wish I had tried this years ago! I should add I try to focus on higher protein foods and usually end up a little under my 1200 calorie goal.
  • BeingWitchy2
    BeingWitchy2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have tried IF in the past but I wasn't very strict with my calories so it didn't help to much. I am going to start up again in a day or two. I will be doing the 16:8 method and watching my calories closely with hopes that it will work better for me this time around. I have even thought about going the low carb way of eating but not to sure about that part yet :)
  • CaptainPepperJack
    CaptainPepperJack Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Please add me as a friend if you want. I love to do IF, but I haven't pinned down an exact schedule. Just kind of depends on the day. Would love to hear success stories as well. And advice is appreciated.
  • eblyth00
    eblyth00 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Tons of energy kitchen is always clean and I get to keep eating my favorite food plus I make a green smoothie I drink about 10 min before eating to make sure I'm getting plenty of nutrients
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I was doing 16:8, but now it's turned into 18:6. It's worked very well for me. So far I've lost 12 lbs. (Gained 1 lb today, but I had soooooo much sodium yesterday it was awful. So I'm not worried about that 1 lb. I've been helped so much by IF. I love it.
  • rajeshvvcool
    rajeshvvcool Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I did 16:8 while I was cutting and had great results. But its difficult to follow during a bulking phase.

you can check my page.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10511781/fat-to-fit-6-packs-just-2-inspire/p1
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    I have done IF for years. It started as a "diet" and it turned into a lifestyle. I absolutely love it. I alternate between 18:6 and 5:2, but mostly 18:6, which turns into 20:4 sometimes.
    The only challenge I have with it is meal time during bulking cycle. And that's because I am an early morning workout person and eat most of my calories for dinner. So I have to workout closer to feasting time.
    Add me if you want.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I successfully eat my food within an 8hr window.

Ive had success losing doing IF

Ive had success doing recomp doing IF

I've had success bulking doing IF

.... Because I was eating to suit my calorie goals. It wasn't because of IF.
  • leannehathaway1
    Options

Totally agree but IF works as a great tool to keep me under or at my calorie goal. I worked hard eating right and excersizing for months with little to no results. This has helped give me the boost I need to get the scale moving down and to keep me motivated.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if its because I've been losing weight and/or a combination of both but my PMS symptoms decreased to near nonexistent once I got the ball rolling on 16:8. When I was only working out and losing weight I still felt a lot of pms symptoms.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

Totally agree but IF works as a great tool to keep me under or at my calorie goal. I worked hard eating right and excersizing for months with little to no results. This has helped give me the boost I need to get the scale moving down and to keep me motivated.

Then you weren't eating at a deficit. Your 1200 calorie goal is low, and not something you should be trying to eat under.
  • leannehathaway1
    Options

Then you weren't eating at a deficit. Your 1200 calorie goal is low, and not something you should be trying to eat under.

No obviously I was having a hard time eating at a deficit. I understand that's why I wasn't losing.. IF has helped me do that.
    I'm very healthy and aware of my body and this feels good and is working for me so I will continue. I'm not consciously trying to eat below my calorie goal it's just easy to do while IF.
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I don't really like breakfast foods and find that if I eat breakfast I feel so much hungrier throughout the day. So 95% of the time I skip it and eat between 11am-7pm each day (16:8) and that works for me.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    You need to do it as well as calorie counting not instead. My brother-in-law has been doing it for ages, but loses no weight because after squash he downs the lager and peanuts in the bar! His two low days do not save enough calories for the amount of peanuts he can consume!
  • rhiawiz57
    rhiawiz57 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i use IF to help me "spend" my calorie budget. If i know i want to grab pizza and beer with friends, I eat light (one 500-600 cal meal) the day before/after. My approach is 4:3 = 4 days around 2000 cals and 3 days around 500cals. This ensures that even on days where I indulge, I still don't go over my weekly calorie budget of 9,800.

i truly feel extra contemplative and calm on the days where I only have dinner. People can say it's the calories in and out for weight loss, but i FEEL different when I extend my fasts beyond 18-20 hours. I enjoy it, I feel light and healthy. Maybe it is in my mind, but my mind is in my body, so I'll take it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!