Doing this alone. Motivation. Friends. And support!

Options
My fiance doesn't care what he looks like. I really want to do a challenge with me but he doesn't care to keep track of calories or exercise. He works a lot of hours and when he's home he wants to relax.
However. I cook so he has to eat somewhat healthy haha.
Anywho. I'm in this weight loss journey alone. He supports me but it's always easier when you have someone doing this with you.
Also. I'm somewhat a picky eater. I'm not sure what healthy recipes I can do dinner wise and still stay under my calorie goal without barely eating all day. Without the food getting boring.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• deeguidroz
    deeguidroz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ok, so the first part of what you wrote is totally me. Lol. Check out my food diary. I stay within my calorie goal, eat healthy without starving, and feed my family.
  • Tazzie0208
    Tazzie0208 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    First of, you're never alone. Especially if you signed up to MFP, all of us here Are on the same journey somehow so we support and encourage each other. About being a picky eater..do you have pinterest?? They have thousands of recipes and maybe you'll find some that will be your favourites while following your journey!! Feel free to add me up as your friend girlie! Let's keep their motivation going!!
  • ecrunions
    ecrunions Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband could care less what either of us look like. So i am either making seperate meals (he's picky) or starving all day long so that i have enough calories for dinner. So i feel you. I have tried dieting so many times, but fail. He offers me a ton of support, but being in this situation has it's own set of challenges. Good luck! I am rooting for you!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to drag my husband along with me in my effort to get in shape. Just last night I realized I need to focus that energy on myself and just do what I need to do ..because? he isn't going to do it..at least not now or because of anything i do or say. I actually think my effort to lump us together has held me back.

So i applaud your independent attitude,
  • mommaporter11
    mommaporter11 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Lol well my husband has a freakishly amazing metabolism and is 7 years older than me. So long story short he can eat whatever he wants and not gain a pound so I feel your pain. I feel like I'm doing this alone and it's so hard to plan dinners when neither him or the kids really care for the healthy stuff I'm eating!! Add me if you want!! I'm on here every day :)
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! My husband is underweight and has a medical condition so while he supports me im kind of on my own also lol. I have another friend who is also working on losing weight but shes the only one who "gets" it lol. You got this!