Welcome Back...Again and again...and again!

Options
How do I stop this roller-coaster of a weight-loss ride?

I tried Weight Watchers, didn't care for the meetings, cuz well I'm super shy. So I decided to come back to MFP! Bottom line, I do great at work, I get home and I have this huge pantry full of snacks. It's easier said than done to simply say "just stop buying them".

Ugggh...before I go all over the place with the big ole mountain of excuses as to why I am back here, I will stop.

Need/Crave daily motivation but I have this introverted personality!

So, here I am at my biggest EVER, I really hope to find a safe-house so to speak here.

Thanks for reading :smile:

Replies

• TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I totally understand you.. I am the same so good at work cos what I have with me is what I eat but when I am at home I have the food at my fingertips!

Good luck on your journey!
  • skylarturasky93
    skylarturasky93 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here, currently around 220
  • kroldridge
    kroldridge Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Try and set yourself little goals I find that a lot easier than thinking omg I have 100+lbs to lose. I try and go half a stone at a time or say the goal is to get under a certain stone then the next
  • MotivatedPhysique
    MotivatedPhysique Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You should be safe here. We are all here looking for that extra drive and motivation to stay in the road to be a better person physically. Keep grinding, you'll get there
  • fubarfornow
    fubarfornow Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I get the introvert part, and the snack-at-home part. The after-work problem is one of my biggest "trouble spots" in terms of food. I am an introvert-ish sort, but I have a job that requires some intense interaction with people from time to time. I love my job, but by the end of the day, I'm mentally exhausted, which makes those snacks look really attractive from a treat point of view. I am also just plain hungry by the time I get home, and it is so tempting to eat a little snack, that turns into a big snack etc.

Not sure if it will help, YMMV, but FWIW, eating a small protein dose about an hour before I leave work - an egg, or a yogurt, or some beef jerky, along with a little fruit, really helps me to avoid the snacks when I get home. I think it is because the protein makes me feel full, the fruit gives me a little quick energy, and because I'm not ravenous, I can avoid eating food I hadn't planned on before dinner.
  • antwanp2
    antwanp2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    same her so many snacks to eat. But its nothing wrong with coming back it just means you won't accept failure!!! That is rare in most people. B):/