Replies

• Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, eggs, protein shakes
  • jetsman37
    jetsman37 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like greek yogurt, low fat string cheese, cottage cheese and whey protein shakes.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason it's so high? Like specific training?
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Beans, lentils, or dried peas?
  • bronagh679
    bronagh679 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    cmtigger wrote: »
    Is there a reason it's so high? Like specific training?

I have been advised to eat around this for toning up etc
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Google is a great source... Of information. If you search the forum you'll also find many threads with ideas for protein
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian and never, ever meet the protein goal of 1gram/pound (I'm also trying for 40/30/30 macros and staying at a slight deficit). I don't even come close without some protein powder. Like others have said, eggs (whites especially) and Greek yogurt are very helpful. I also use a lot of low fat milk in my coffees. But I've also just adjusted my expectations about how much protein I'll get. The most important thing to me is that my diet is enjoyable and thus sustainable. Good luck!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of protein for a female. Your need is more likely around 70-100 grams, and that is much easier to reach. Supplements and crazy diets may be necessary if you're ill or an athlete in competition prep; it isn't necessary for "toning up". If you want to do the extra work, go ahead, but it is more likely to make you fail than to be beneficial for what you want to achieve.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I guess before anyone can decide if this is too high we would have to know your stats. But you didn't ask us to decide what is too high or low...
    Protein sources: eggs, beans, dairy (milk, cheese, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt), tofu, seafood, protein supplements (powders, bars). Don't let it intimidate you. Protein is great to help with satiety as well as prevent muscle loss during a cut or promote gain during a bulk. Protein alone won't help you "tone". You need to be doing resistance training at least 3 or more days a week. Hopefully that fits in somewhere and this helps.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Beans, tofu, tempeh, seitan, grains...why is your protein goal so high? Seems unnnecessery
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Based on your goals in your other thread I mentioned 0.8-1g per lb lean body mass. If you don't know your bodyfat % I usually go 0.8g per lb goal weight. However while 120g is not unreasonable (I tend to do 1g per lb bodyweight when cutting more for satiety), it is probably on the higher side for your needs.. but it will depend on your cal goal, if you have a really low goal it can get frustrating getting that much protein in.

I love this link for protein sources because it includes ranking by calories per gram of protein

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/926789/protein-sources/p1