I have been a member of MFP for a little while, but I wanted

Options
mynewbug
mynewbug Posts: 52 Member
:smile:
My name is Christina and I am in the midst of transfroming my life for the better...

I am looking to make some great MFP friends to share in support and encouragement!! I am really getting into the swing of things and working toward bettering myself. I would love some like-minded MFP friends to bounce ideas off of and to reciprocate some positive ju-ju!

I have always struggled with my weight and in 1999 I had gastric bypass surgery when I was 19. I lost a majority of my weight I went from a size 28-30 to a size 10. I have slowly been gaining back weight and I am now back to a 18...this scares me and I am making an ACTIVE step in changing my lifestyle.

Highest Weight: 293

Lowest Weight: ?? I didn't have a scale, but I'm guessing around 150ish.

Current Weight: 222

Goal Weight: 135

Replies

• Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hi Christina! You have now taken the first step! And A BIG WOOO HOOO for you! Please feel free to add me!
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Good for you for deciding to make the change! Welcome to MFP. You'll find tons of awesome, friendly, supportive people. Feel free to add me :)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • Chrystelen
    Options
    I just started on here... I lost weight back in 2009. 65 lbs in 4 months. So I know how to do it. But it is a little harder this time because I am not as unhappy as I was then.
    I was 245 then... I got down to 180 by 12/25/2009 and have mostly kept it off. I am starting at 189 and want to get down to 135 to 140 also. Add me if you like. I am right across the river.
  • tigertown11
    tigertown11 Posts: 310
    Options
    Welcome! you have had a tough road!
    So I don't know how much I could help you. If you want to message me and let me know what we can do for each other and what you have been doing that would be a great start. I just joined a challenge group and if you would want to do the same things we are doing you could. i am the leader of my team and we could encourage each other on the sidelines.
  • ginabina13
    ginabina13 Posts: 202
    Options
    You've made a great choice by joining MFP! I'm still pretty new to it myself. I've struggled with my weight my entire life and need to change my ways. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Loving this website too...I like that there is a lot of communication between people!!
  • Daisy374
    Daisy374 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! There are a lot of great people here to help you :) Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • JanineMillensifer
    Options
    Hi! I'm looking for someone to share this with also. I have struggled with weight my entire life.

I am currently 162 and have a goal of 132.

Add me!! Let's rock at this together!